Space:1999

ducky

Re: Space:1999

Post by ducky » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:45 am

Nonsense! I thought the 'Black Sun' episode made *perfect* sense. :lol:
dragoner wrote:Yes, the anachronisms are hilarious, look at the bulky weird communicators, and science was never the real strong point of the show, esp astronomy.
Alan | Greg Pike, gunner | 6 9 6 7 9 8

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:51 am

I find myself wanting to like posts as well.

One thing I have tried to regain, getting old-er, is my sense of wonder, or just to enjoy things as they are and not be hypercritical. :geek:

forbin

Post by forbin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Flonker wrote:Not to mention physics. A nuclear explosion capable of moving Luna out of Earth's orbit into a high speed solar escape trajectory would have shattered it into a zillion pieces. Not to mention the effect on Luna moving out of orbit would have on tidal stresses on Earth. The shockwave would be devastating.
Yeah, even as a kid, I understood enough science for that to be obvious. I remember thinking, "you're not gonna get ANY replies from Earth. Aside from the fact you're still in one piece and cannot be, they're dealing with tidal waves and earthquakes, and every major city is probably just rubble, under water, or both!" I certainly didn't have the depth of physics to work it out with pencil and paper, but still. (I could have done it on computer by 9th or 10th grade, though.)
forbin wrote:Where's the "like" button for your most recent post?
Flonker wrote:Sounds like we both spend way too much time on FB...
Who's this "we," paleface? :lol:
dragoner wrote:One thing I have tried to regain, getting old-er, is my sense of wonder, or just to enjoy things as they are and not be hypercritical.
My hypercriticality probably started when I was four, and decided to be an astronaut -- a career goal that lasted until I was fourteen. It has matured like a fine wine! Of course, so has my sense of wonder to a certain extent!
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B