1110/135 Doctor Who?

forbin

Re: 1110/135 Doctor Who?

Post by forbin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:36 pm

Elliott pops his head back in, having gone off to check his part of the engineering tests (i.e. CCS components). "Since the Doctor is joining us as a partner and investor, should I go ask her how much she wants to invest and how she wants to effect the funds transfer? I can handle our end electronically even while the other tests are running."
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:50 pm

madmike wrote:Geris nods.

"I would prefer the route through Cinboshabo as we can trade our way into getting a proper refit and making the first loan payment, more than making a direct path to Karin. It is certainly worth checking the economics however."
"Well, it helps if you can pay for a refit." Fusil grins. "Parts ain't cheap, neither is certified labor." He plinks at the handcomp a bit. "Cinboshabo looks like the best bet."
forbin wrote:Elliott pops his head back in, having gone off to check his part of the engineering tests (i.e. CCS components). "Since the Doctor is joining us as a partner and investor, should I go ask her how much she wants to invest and how she wants to effect the funds transfer? I can handle our end electronically even while the other tests are running."
Fusil nods. "Good plan, El. How is the nav computer and the main checking out, and did the reinstall finish yet?"
Keven - Wyott Khade 876CB6 - "He did WHAT with a stick of butter?????"

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:56 pm

The contract from Hesayi has come back in, confirming the he will be there Thursday 1200 137/1110, and ready to pick up the ore shipment at the mine.

The cargos listed, are the same as yesterday.

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:08 am

[ooc: Fusil checked into the scouts at Andor.]

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:16 am

Commander Truestar wrote:Litnam points out, "There may not be trade opportunities, but that's not guaranteed either. We may well find the Dryone want to move something and have been waiting for the Scouts to get the word out. And any cargo from there is rare enough to sell well.

But again, if we get the charter, we get the Scouts to pay charter rates. So we don't "need" to trade along the way. And that allows us to offer express delivery rates to shippers here, and raise prices. Hell, if we can do it, we can even have some of them portable pressurized hab-units in the cargo bay for extended passenger carry. You folks know how many people want to get off this rock. Add in more atmo and consumables, and hab-units and turn this boat into a mass transport for the run to Karin.

Last I heard, standard cargo rates are Cr1,000 per dTon of cargo per jump. Middle passage on a fast run can be pumped to Cr16,000 per person, and we fill the cargo bay with extra atmo and hab=units... Profit equals priceless"
Fusil frowns. "Figure 4 tons per hab. That's 25 in the main hold, leaves us 50 tons. 16k ticket per hab, 400k. Life support spares for it, 4k per month per person, 3 jumps, figure 6 weeks, comes to..." He taps the comp. "150k. Subtract, leaves us 250K profit for 6 weeks. And we still need the habs. More cost." He looks up. "Doesn't feel profitable to me, Lit. Not a bad idea, just doesn't seem profitable enough, unless my arithmetic is way off, and if thats' the case, we're well and truly khest. X? Your input please?"

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:47 am

[ooc: Sen mentioned something about cabins.]

It is funny that Fusil's friend hasn't answered his email ...

forbin

Post by forbin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:48 am

Fusil nods. "Good plan, El. How is the nav computer and the main checking out, and did the reinstall finish yet?"
"The reload is complete and redundancy checks on that load are all 'SAT'. I have the check analysis running offline on a mini-server."

[ooc: GM, do we need a roll for what the diagnostics found? If so, please just do the roll and tell us our results...]
Commander Truestar wrote:Hell, if we can do it, we can even have some of them portable pressurized hab-units in the cargo bay for extended passenger carry...
"Do we want to consider refitting those cells as middle passage staterooms? If not, how about taking out the partition walls there and putting in a passenger dining area / rec lounge? That'd allow us to keep passengers entirely off the main deck after boarding."
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:51 am

forbin wrote:[ooc: GM, do we need a roll for what the diagnostics found? If so, please just do the roll and tell us our results...]
Diagnostics found it was a user error.

forbin

Post by forbin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:57 am

"Waitasec... let me check something..." Elliott enters a private message to Fusil, direct handcomp to handcomp, showing that it was a user error and including the excerpts of the manual that show how the various overrides work and how to use them. No need to embarrass a shipmate; he figures everyone else can just think there was a minor problem that was found and corrected, which is true in a certain sense. "Here's the test data and results," he says.

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:05 am

forbin wrote:
"The reload is complete and redundancy checks on that load are all 'SAT'. I have the check analysis running offline on a mini-server."

[ooc: GM, do we need a roll for what the diagnostics found? If so, please just do the roll and tell us our results...]
Commander Truestar wrote:Hell, if we can do it, we can even have some of them portable pressurized hab-units in the cargo bay for extended passenger carry...
"Do we want to consider refitting those cells as middle passage staterooms? If not, how about taking out the partition walls there and putting in a passenger dining area / rec lounge? That'd allow us to keep passengers entirely off the main deck after boarding."
Fusil thinks a moment. "Yeah, a minilounge is a Good Thing, at least til we can get a bulkhead welded across the passageways to the bridge. This ship wasn't designed for paying customers, it was designed for swabbies and grunts to go get up close and personal with enemy combatants and chop up their supply lines and resupply by forage. Internal security isn't an issue under Navy administration much."

Fusil taps his email as a received message beeps in. "Our Droyne wants to board on Thursday. I was planning on Friday. No matter, we'll manage." He looks at El. "Good job on that comp, El, thanks. Hmm. Minilounge. Table, chairs, viddy, media clips. A handcomp should do to stream viddy. It won't be feely but it'll give them something to do. You get the chance, think you might be able to source us some media off the local net? Movies, viddy show episodes, that kind of thing. Couple thousand hours or so should do. We might even swap some files with Lit's old ship when we meet up today." He grins.

forbin

Post by forbin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:51 am

"Sure thing." Elliott gets to work, making a mental note to touch base with the doctor later on to handle the stock transaction.