Well this might be a tad sticky

dragoner

Re: Well this might be a tad sticky

Post by dragoner » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Wow, that is very cool, Mike, you have a great family. No grandkids for me yet.

forbin

Post by forbin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:18 am

Mike, that is really terrific! Again, congrats!

And I highly approve of sailors, having been one myself.
You wrote:Heals my shattered heart a little.
How so, if you don't mind my asking? (I will share a little in that regard if you choose to share...)

You wrote:Oh, I honoured the then unborn Eric as a main NPC in my ships of Clement Sector 2 supplement, which I am rather humbled to say won best starship/deck plan in the 2013 Zhodani Base awards.
That is really cool!
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B

forbin

Post by forbin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:31 am

Wow, Mike. Just out of the blind side, hm?

If you don't mind, I'd like to put you on my personal prayer list... and also (if you permit) I could share it (anonymously of course) with some other men that I meet with from time to time for fellowship and prayer.

As for me, my wife and I lost our 17 year old daughter to a freak accident, 5 years ago. She was in her senior year of high school and was just about to receive news of her admission to Clemson University to study neuroscience in preparation for med school -- she felt she was called to be a neurologist/psychiatrist.

Her loss really hit us all as hard as it could, and I guess it's something you never quite get over... I find that I'm now much more sensitive to other people's life difficulties.

Our son is 18 now and graduated high school last spring. He wants to compose and arrange music for video games and movies and such. He's already very good at doing that, using computer software, but he's saving up money for school, and working on developing instrumental skills since all the conservatories require an audition on a primary instrument.

So, it's not like we will never have grandkids, but it is as though half of them died the day my daughter died. Somehow it makes the grandkids of friends even more important.
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B

forbin

Post by forbin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:00 pm

madmike wrote:Quite happy for you to include me. I am not a religious man, but I have faith and belief and that is important to me.
I can easily respect that. I've got no need for "official" religion or religious organizations. Some are useful; many are not. It's whats inside the individual that counts.

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:09 pm

madmike wrote:Gents, if I seem a little "uninformed" please understand that some days my brain is overloaded with dealing with my separation. It is getting better, much better but some days are much worse than others.

Gaming is helping the healing....a lot.

My apologies.
No worries, I'm workin hard for Fusil to include Geris.
Keven - Wyott Khade 876CB6 - "He did WHAT with a stick of butter?????"

forbin

Post by forbin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:15 pm

And I think I understand what you mean, too. Not that I've been through that same thing, mind you. But when we went through our ordeal, I discovered there was just no predicting whether "all of me" would be available at any specific time. Or even how I'd react to comments by others: the same thing said at one point might not even be noticed and at another time would be devastating. Just no way to predict it.

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:56 pm

It's a rough spot, mine ended in 2009, took a while to go. Gaming is good, takes the mind off of things.

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Those triggers stop hurting, even the memory almost becomes pleasant; for me at least, what hurts is to think of all those years, all the work put in the relationship, gone. There is some anger as well. I have still have people, my family that depends on me, that keeps me going now, same as before.

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:04 am

That's cool, it is good to have somebody there. One of my best friend's wife left him recently also, and they have young children. It is tough, I don't know what to say.