Ship's Itinerary from Raweh

forbin

Ship's Itinerary from Raweh

Post by forbin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:35 am

Itinerary Discussion

I still favor Mike/Geris' Route 2 as the best,
followed by Route 3,
followed by Kevin/Fusil's routes.

The only reason I don't like Fusil's routes is... I'd like to avoid high law level worlds; they are just a pain to deal with. Are we using only the original CT law levels, or the extended levels? I do not want to go to a world where customs will board our craft and confiscate our weapons, even if they're nice about it and do return them to us on departure. I really don't even want to go to a world that just fully prohibits firearms in public. It means trouble for guys like us.

The reason I like Route 2 better than the other routes is that it does the best job (so far) of alternating worlds, between tech levels, agriculture / industry, and the like. I want to load up (ours' & others' cargo, plus passengers), jump, unload nearly everything, load up and repeat. I want to avoid our stuff sitting in the cargo holds for one or more intermediate systems because we haven't gotten to the place where they're valuable. It's okay for stuff we're shipping for others: they're paying for the entire ride (minus any diversions that are purely for our own purposes).

Lets go ahead and decide, though. We can always change plans in the game-weeks ahead, if needed, as the plot unfolds.
Last edited by forbin on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B

forbin

ROUTE 2

Post by forbin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:37 am

Route 2 again for your analysis
Attachments
Route_2.png
Route_2.png (19.85 KiB) Viewed 1984 times
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B

forbin

Fusil's Routes

Post by forbin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:59 am

Flonker wrote:I'm thinking more of:
[see reformatted chart below --JB]
The third option gets us a shot into Menarial Subsector of the Trojan Reach, and puts Szrip and the Strend Cluster in easy range.

OR just go Raweh-Andor-Raweh-Szirp-Marsilles-Strend. :D
Attachments
Fusils_Routes.png
Fusils_Routes.png (15.1 KiB) Viewed 1980 times

forbin

ROUTE 3

Post by forbin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:02 am

Attachments
Route_3.png
Route_3.png (18.21 KiB) Viewed 1980 times

forbin

Re: Ship's Itenerary from Raweh

Post by forbin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:03 am

The "make every jump" count philosophy can be changed when we have more cash. But right now we need to get more cash to support ship's operations.

dragoner

Re: Ship's Itinerary from Raweh

Post by dragoner » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:09 am

forbin wrote: Are we using only the original CT law levels, or the extended levels?
Default is always CT in this game. Extended Law Levels from where?

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:17 am

dragoner wrote:
forbin wrote: Are we using only the original CT law levels, or the extended levels?
Everybody from Paranoia Press to Dragon Magazine posted extended law levels for CT.
Keven - Wyott Khade 876CB6 - "He did WHAT with a stick of butter?????"

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:52 am

Flonker wrote:
dragoner wrote:
Everybody from Paranoia Press to Dragon Magazine posted extended law levels for CT.
I haven't seen them then, so default to CT.

forbin

Post by forbin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:33 pm

JB: Are we using only the original CT law levels, or the extended levels?
GM: Default is always CT in this game. Extended Law Levels from where?
KP: Everybody from Paranoia Press to Dragon Magazine posted extended law levels for CT.
GM: I haven't seen them then, so default to CT.
Excellent! Outstanding even!
(Means there aren't any worlds where they'd take custody of arms found aboard ship. Worst case would be LL9, "no weapons on the other side of customs at the starport," am I correct?)

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:50 pm

Customs is mostly going to be concerned with what you are buying and selling, not small/side arms for protection of the ship. Though outside the Imperium, extraterritoriality of starports is up to the local world, and may or may not follow the Imperium's example. Basically this: I am not a 'rules lawyer' type GM, but I like things to be reasonable or have some sort of logic behind it. Law Level isn't just what is or is not allowed, but also the roll number for likelihood of enforcement or running into LEO's. But even if you are allowed to wear side arms on the street, an establishment may require then to be checked at the door, ie the bar in Serenity.

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:23 pm

What, you don't want the PP stuff? Beyond & Vanguard Reaches? :D
Keven - Wyott Khade 876CB6 - "He did WHAT with a stick of butter?????"