Raven's Coin Discussion

forbin

Raven's Coin Discussion

Post by forbin » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:41 pm

Too bad we couldn't have gotten a 30 year mortgage at 1.467 MCr/year.

BTW, unless someone recommends a more "tactical" option, I'll take the stateroom just aft of Geris, or perhaps the aft one's "twin" on the starboard side.
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B

forbin

Re: Chameleon Class Commerce Raider

Post by forbin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:16 am

We should move the notation for Fusil to the Captain's stateroom, and put the doctor in his old stateroom, since it's nearest the sickbay.

I'll take the largish L-shaped stateroom on the starboard side that mirrors the one just aft of Geris. That provides a tactical advantage if we're boarded or attacked from within.

Which stateroom is Greg's? And the NPC's?

GM: can you (re)label the room assignments?

And what are those unlabeled spaces in the bow?

On second thought, maybe Elliott wants the doctor's room nearer to his? :lol:
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:26 am

I'll re-label everything when we are all set, that's been the plan. I'll also move the extraneous posts when done.

Which deck? The cells or the cargo?

forbin

Post by forbin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:14 pm

dragoner wrote:I'll re-label everything when we are all set, that's been the plan. I'll also move the extraneous posts when done.
Wonderful! I'll shut up, then. :lol:
dragoner wrote:Which deck? The cells or the cargo?
Forward end of second deck (top deck). Yeah, I guess they look like they could be cells. Or spare storage, or staterooms, or spaces that could be fitting to purpose differently on various ships of the general class.

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:58 pm

I thought I might have posted about room assignment, but probably just thought about doing so. As per the cells, in the above description of the ship, it describes them as "four empty cabins often used for prisoners."

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:11 am

Okay, so our cargo capacity is 150 tons since the (highly illegal per HG2 rules) 50 ton missile bay was diked out? And is there a bulkhead and iris doors leading into the bridge or is it just open corridor?

If there's no bulkhead/security doors leading into the bridge, we better damned well GET some before we take on a lot of passengers.
Keven - Wyott Khade 876CB6 - "He did WHAT with a stick of butter?????"

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:19 am

madmike wrote:We can get an iris valve hatch both ends of the corridor added once we get to Kerin
My thoughts exactly.
Keven - Wyott Khade 876CB6 - "He did WHAT with a stick of butter?????"

forbin

Post by forbin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:29 am

In the meantime, for carrying passengers we don't trust, we can chain the forward vertical hatch shut between deck 2 and deck 1. Crew access from deck 2 to deck 1 would be through the iris valve to the engineroom and down the hatch there. Passengers, once aboard, would be restricted to deck 2 for the most part.

I'd recommend chaining the hatch instead of welding, it because in a dire emergency, the crew could at least crowbar the chain off. That doesn't prevent a set of "problem passengers" from doing the same, but it announces they're up to no good, and gives us time to set up a defense of the choke point. We might have to come up with a standard excuse for why the hatch is chained shut.

If we luck out beforehand (based on my understanding of 20th century Naval architecture... yeah 20th, not 21st), we might get a spare iris door from the junkyards and replace the forward vertical hatch. We can probably safely assume that Naval plans specify a standard size for the vertical opening between decks and a hatch or iris can just be fitted there. That's a "ship-alt" (something a crew can do in port). Putting in a bulkhead where there wasn't one before, and making it pressure-tight, would certainly require a shipyard.

[Edit: I responded to this later in the thread. Misread the deck plans. All vertical passages are secured iris doors already.]
Last edited by forbin on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:46 am

What you see is what you get for the most part; cargo is 150tons.

forbin

Post by forbin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:29 am

Are the "spare cabins" fitted as staterooms? Or like a bare stateroom (no bunk, no desk, no storage) but easily fitted out as such? Or are they different? (The more passengers, the more profit!)

PS: I misread the deck plans. We already have irises for all vertical passages! So, we're in not such bad shape!

We can have Fusil (CO), Litnam (ENG), and either the doctor or Geris (XO) normally bunking on the main deck, which would always be secured and off-limits to passengers unless we want to sometimes have group meals in the wardroom at our discretion. It might be wise during such events to wear dinner dress uniforms with swords and (perhaps concealed) pistols when dining... the excuse being that "we're a formal crew and we dress for dinner to honor our passengers." :lol: Yup.

During critical ops or when carrying sketchy passengers, we can double up in rooms on the main decks, as described in the ship's description above. That puts a minimum of 5 crewmembers there. Up to 7, if the CO & XO double up in the captain's stateroom and somebody is willing to sleep on an inflat-a-bunk in the computer room. Under such conditions, 1-3 of us (Avi, Sen, Ell, or Greg) could temporarily bunk in a similar fashion on the cargo deck. (If we lay out the containers right, that would give us ersatz staterooms.) That would prevent passengers from restricting the crew's access to each other. Note that I'm not suggesting this as a norm, but as a viable temporary security measure.

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:33 am

They are fitted out as cells, single bed, toilet. As per sleeping in other places, look at life support rules.