4/1/2211 Nothing Foolproof

User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/1/2211 Nothing Foolproof

Post by Bindoner » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Zhenya is happy to be out of the crippled ship, out of ships and planets altogether, for a while. EVA is still thrilling, not familiar enough to be routine yet, being in this beautiful but hostile environment, walking on the edge of oblivion...

Returning attention to the task at hand, moving carefully across the hull on the look out for repair droids:

Bindoner rolled 2d6 and got a total of 8:
6, 2
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 4300
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/1/2211 Nothing Foolproof

Post by dragoner » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:45 pm

Zhenya floats up quick enough to see it trundle back into an iris at area 54 on the plans.
User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/1/2211 Nothing Foolproof

Post by Bindoner » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Zhenya, careful not to lose control, moves quickly toward that iris, hoping it isn't locked out yet and intending to look over the drive area for potential access points while there.
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 4300
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/1/2211 Nothing Foolproof

Post by dragoner » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Bindoner wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:06 pm
Zhenya, careful not to lose control, moves quickly toward that iris, hoping it isn't locked out yet and intending to look over the drive area for potential access points while there.
Roll your zero-g, to move quick enough.
User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/1/2211 Nothing Foolproof

Post by Taki117 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Kuerzu nods at her as she departs. "Good hunting Lieutenant. I think myself and Theta will stay here for the time being." He comments.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1
User avatar
The D6 Rambler
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/1/2211 Nothing Foolproof

Post by The D6 Rambler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:14 am

Theta sulks at all this pussyfooting, preferring a straight fight, but he redoubles his efforts and checks the deck plan scans again for ideas, some tactical way to approach this problem with the limited means on hand...

The D6 Rambler rolled 2d6+1 and got a total of 9:
3, 5

Tactics

He sees the issue and sks himself, what is its nature?
9 7 7 7 7 B
Spear-3, Brawling-3, Tactics-1, Mechanical-1, Electronic-1, Air/Raft-1, Rifle-1, SMG-2, Streetwise-1
9 7 7 7 7 B
User avatar
hardrocks
Posts: 361
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/1/2211 Nothing Foolproof

Post by hardrocks » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:29 am

"Roger that Zhenya, I've 2 breaching charges in my kit. Let me know if you need them.
Having repressurised the main forward cabin Calson will let the other crew know it is safe to leave the stateroom.
"Scree, Grack perhaps you could assess the damaged turrets, I'm heading down to the hold"

Hold repairs:

hardrocks rolled 2d6+1 and got a total of 13:
6, 6
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Auto Rifle 2, Brawling 1, Comp 1, Electronics 2, Engineer 1, Nav 2, Pilot 1 Shotgun 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1.
User avatar
hardrocks
Posts: 361
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/1/2211 Nothing Foolproof

Post by hardrocks » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:30 am

OoC: Otto is a very good teacher :)
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Auto Rifle 2, Brawling 1, Comp 1, Electronics 2, Engineer 1, Nav 2, Pilot 1 Shotgun 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1.
User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/1/2211 Nothing Foolproof

Post by Bindoner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:10 am

Not intending to get trapped in a different airlock Zhenya looks for a piece of starship suitable for jamming the iris, should it open.

(OOC: It looks like Zhenya could have passed damaged sections of engineering/turret on the way from the 'boat dock)

Zero-G:

Bindoner rolled 2d6 and got a total of 8:
2, 6
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 4300
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/1/2211 Nothing Foolproof

Post by dragoner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:19 am

The D6 Rambler wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:14 am
Theta sulks at all this pussyfooting, preferring a straight fight, but he redoubles his efforts and checks the deck plan scans again for ideas, some tactical way to approach this problem with the limited means on hand...

Tactics

He sees the issue and sks himself, what is its nature?
He remembers an ancient saying: "If you Leeroy it, you will die." Surely if someone is in there, they are as likely now to outnumber just Kuerzu and Theta, who is still recovering from the wounds of dying a few days ago. Climbing up through a hatch into the waiting guns of others is bad. Following Zhenya's lead, and trying a flank, is better.

Bindoner wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:10 am
Not intending to get trapped in a different airlock Zhenya looks for a piece of starship suitable for jamming the iris, should it open.

(OOC: It looks like Zhenya could have passed damaged sections of engineering/turret on the way from the 'boat dock)
She has her hand in front of the sensor, holding the iris open, like most ships, there are safety interlocks to keep them from turning into deathtraps. There is little debris at hand as the damage done during acceleration, blew off the wreckage, inertial momentum is still carrying the Liner and it's expanding cloud of debris away from the planet at 85,000 kph. Similar to the ship underwater, there are holes torn open in engineering, from which one could enter the hull. She can call someone to bring something too.

During this reverie, zero g ballet, an interlude, Steel Dust interrupts, "The mining colony is now broadcasting that they are under attack, by an old Avery Panther Pursuit Ship, who are they calling old?"
User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/1/2211 Nothing Foolproof

Post by Taki117 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:54 am

dragoner wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:19 am
During this reverie, zero g ballet, an interlude, Steel Dust interrupts, "The mining colony is now broadcasting that they are under attack, by an old Avery Panther Pursuit Ship, who are they calling old?"
Kuerzu snaps back to reality. "Wait. We didn't attack them. Steeldust, is there another Panther out there?" He asks, mind racing. He takes a deep breath, calming himself. "Zhenya, do you have an entry point yet? The sooner we can get off this tub the better, especially if they are looking for us. Scree, Grack, keep an eye out for any incoming ships. Assume everything in this sector wants us dead, and I really like being not dead."
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest