3/13/2211 Aboard the Rover

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5371
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/13/2211 Aboard the Rover

Post by dragoner » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:52 pm

imikhan sb.jpg
imikhan sb.jpg (73.16 KiB) Viewed 411 times
[ooc] Who wants to attend can, we'll say the chopper can be a big Sikorsky if need be.

The chopper lifts, taking the crew up to the Scout Base overlooking the city and starport, after landing at the helipad, they are led into the central building, where they bypass what would be the actual Scout Base's commander, a position probably not unlike a "world Ambassador"; to a rather more nondescript set of offices, not customs either. The scout working customs, knocks, opens the door to let everyone in, then leaves.

Inside the office, there is a scout working at his desk, his deck (called that because it's about the size of a deck of cards) he taps to cause the holo screen and keyboard to disappear. Wearing a typical Hawaiian shirt with printed Type-S' on it, three day stubble, and scuffed boots, he's fairly representative of the Scout Corps on the frontier. Behind him on the wall is a 3D picture of Empress Ming, made so that her eyes seem to follow you. "So, isn't this a motley crew." He says with a smile. "Let's cut to the chase, I can help you, if you help me. See the Navy tried some shifty business with the collectivist Yags, hired some outside outfit to do a weapons drop on the beachhead, plausible deniability and all that, but their ship was shot down, and there is now a human gunner in the Yags paws (he imitates the radial three toed Yagachtya hand with his). The ship sits in 30 meters of water, it's a 1800 tonner, with around a 1000 tons of guns on it. Then Navy guys have dropped this hot potato on us in the SC, and I just want it gone. Now we are doing a shakedown cruise on a little undersea research barge, can act as a bottom crawler as well as a sub, set charges on that freighter. Then walk up out on the shore to get the gunner before he blabs, where you'll get picked up by some electric subs we have. This all happens under the guise of the research project we have going on. 50 gees plus 5 gees per to complete the mission, and I can have an inspection team and your cargo cleared by Monday morning, capisce?"

Keith
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:04 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/13/2211 Aboard the Rover

Post by Keith » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Quezar would like to join the party heading inland.

(Q's vote would be to make the attempt to recover the sunken vessel.)

If the group agrees to the jaunt to the sea, Q will gladly offer to be on standby with his medical kit.

Not sure if his mechanical or engineering skill would be useful in setting up the lifting points, that would be a call from the GM, however the team works it out as to who is doing what with the equipment provided. If worse comes to worse, Q would gladly provide eyes in the sky coverage.
9 C A A A 7
Vacc suit 1 shp bt 1 engrng 2 med 2 mech 2 auto pistol 2 knife 1 strwse 1 bribery 1

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5371
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/13/2211 Aboard the Rover

Post by dragoner » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Gunnarr wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:00 pm
Hidalgo nods thoughtfully.

"This is something within our capabilities, yes," he said. "However we will need more information, and possibly some equipment. Can you excuse us for a minute or two, to confer with the remainder of the crew via comlink?"
He'll shrug, "Sure, whatever." He remains sitting, expecting you to text or something.

User avatar
The D6 Rambler
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/13/2211 Aboard the Rover

Post by The D6 Rambler » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:25 pm

On seeing the Yag customs officer, Brother Theta tenses, but his Disciplines keep him controlled.. His mind reels back to the beings advancing in battle.. His hand on the tac missile launch commit button... winding back and throwing his spear in that one's face area, then signalling the advance...

He shuts his eyes to the past momentarily and continues watching..

He volunteers for the shore party, and gets ready for EVA at the crash scene..
9 7 7 7 7 B
Spear-3, Brawling-3, Tactics-1, Mechanical-1, Electronic-1, Air/Raft-1, Rifle-1, SMG-2, Streetwise-1
9 7 7 7 7 B

User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/13/2211 Aboard the Rover

Post by Taki117 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:43 pm

dragoner wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:46 pm

Buying illegal guns? ;)
((hardly, Legal if he can, if he can't, he keeps looking elsewhere. Also, I'm assuming Zenya came as well, since his intention was to treat her to dinner and drinks.))

Kuerzu listens to the proposition and shrugs, demolition wasn't his specialty. "If it means more money for the rest of you I'm in, but not sure how much help I'll be on the wreck." He says with a shrug.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5371
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/13/2211 Aboard the Rover

Post by dragoner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:53 am

Taki117 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:43 pm
dragoner wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:46 pm

Buying illegal guns? ;)
((hardly, Legal if he can, if he can't, he keeps looking elsewhere. Also, I'm assuming Zenya came as well, since his intention was to treat her to dinner and drinks.))

Kuerzu listens to the proposition and shrugs, demolition wasn't his specialty. "If it means more money for the rest of you I'm in, but not sure how much help I'll be on the wreck." He says with a shrug.
Aw, but it could be fun! Nevermind, he can still take Zhenya out to dinner, no problem.

User avatar
The D6 Rambler
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/13/2211 Aboard the Rover

Post by The D6 Rambler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 am

:: "Do the Yags have some legal precedence for holding the gunner? Some charge? Is it just the gunner they hold?" ::

"Were he but a mere starport cutpurse, this shall not stand..."
Theta muttered to himself as he hit the send key
9 7 7 7 7 B
Spear-3, Brawling-3, Tactics-1, Mechanical-1, Electronic-1, Air/Raft-1, Rifle-1, SMG-2, Streetwise-1
9 7 7 7 7 B

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5371
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/13/2211 Aboard the Rover

Post by dragoner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:52 am

The D6 Rambler wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 am
:: "Do the Yags have some legal precedence for holding the gunner? Some charge? Is it just the gunner they hold?" ::

"Were he but a mere starport cutpurse, this shall not stand..."
Theta muttered to himself as he hit the send key
They haven't said anything yet, the point would be to stop the gunner from saying anything, legally they could hold him as a gun runner, and he's subject to their laws.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5371
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/13/2211 Aboard the Rover

Post by dragoner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Gunnarr wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:13 am
Turning back to the Scout and keeping his own HUD and comlink active, Hidalgo slipped back into his 'all business' voice.

"We will need all the information you have on the hostage's location, the opposing forces, and navigation data to and from the site. My executive officer is skilled in such tasks, and will be leading the rescue attempt." He indicated Kuerzu with a nod, and a carat on the HUD display.

"I will lead the team that deals with the ship, so I will need whatever data you have on it, and her former crew." He frowned, "Are you certain that the gunner was the only survivor? How was he captured?"
"Huh, I figured you might want some time to think it over, this is my lucky day. I'll drag up what I know about the whole thing, which isn't much, I'm afraid. At this point, I'm not even certain of the specs on the freighter, other than it had 1000 tons of guns going to the counter-revolutionaries. The gunner maybe bailed out? Not sure. The Navy isn't so excited to share info with a bunch of Scouts, specially in a zone (subsector) which they had rather forget about anyways. They send a marine force down on Stein, thinking it's easy pickings, gets their butts kicked, and the commander goes crazy, starts bombing the capital city. Then to top it off, the commander is assassinated shortly after the massacre, first word it's a crew, where then it comes out it's a Scout, with the singularity AI somehow involved?" Palms up, he shrugs. "I figure you go out there with the research vessel, they drop you off near the wreck, you make your way to it with underwater sea scooters, whatever those things are called, frogmen stuff. Plant a missile warhead in the wreck, a suitcase micro-nuke, make it look like a delayed explosion, maybe a dud that didn't go off? Then make it to shore, hit the ... er, burrow, you know the spi ... uh, Yagachtya, live underground, big cities have mounds or domes, these not so much. It's an island, and he's held there, the name is Eugene Stadanko, not sure if that's a real name. As far as the freighter getting shot down, it came in too close, and looks like it took a missile up the tailpipe, heh. Dumb#&@*$. This is more work for me, but I'll get some files sorted, sent over. If you talk, you can call me Nemo, Captain Nemo, and nobody'll know, rumors will say you were mercs paid for by the shipping company." He waits to see if you have any further questions.

Keith
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:04 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/13/2211 Aboard the Rover

Post by Keith » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Q is thinking that the "damaged" engines might make a wonderful boom.

Also, the stray thought wondering if a few cases of the cargo might be rescued prior to the ship's demise??

Out loud, " Sir, depending on the conditions at the ship, I might be the best person to finish off the cargo ship. Opening up the hydrogen tanks into the vessel, as well as a few adjustments to the power systems, and ..... you can see the possibilities, sir. As he looks nonchalantly at the Captain.
9 C A A A 7
Vacc suit 1 shp bt 1 engrng 2 med 2 mech 2 auto pistol 2 knife 1 strwse 1 bribery 1

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5371
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/13/2211 Aboard the Rover

Post by dragoner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Keith wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:32 pm

"Captain Nemo sir, how much gear can we take in the sub's ??
Nodding at Quezar's statement, Nemo follows up, "Going out, you can take a decent amount, it might be a bit cramped, but you'll only need about ten hours to get there. Coming back? It will be tight. Think about a small submarine, and we'll have to be fast about it, set up time on shore and wait for the flash signal, no radios, because there are patrol boats."

Turning back to Hidalgo, "You gotta take care of the gunner, he's at least or more important than the freighter."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest