4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Post Reply
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 4907
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Post by dragoner » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:42 am

Thursday, April 4th, 2211
things_that_go_bump_in_the_night_by_haaaaaaaaaaxax-da2l61c.png
things_that_go_bump_in_the_night_by_haaaaaaaaaaxax-da2l61c.png (141.79 KiB) Viewed 293 times
From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!



As everyone is sleeping, suddenly the lights go on and Steel Dust's avatar appears in all cabins, "Warning, I have an intruder alert in Engineering, Main Deck Aft 5." (viewtopic.php?f=68&t=436)
User avatar
The D6 Rambler
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Post by The D6 Rambler » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:32 pm

Thetas eyes snap open from meditation, and he bolts to engineering with his Spear/SMG....
9 7 7 7 7 B
Spear-3, Brawling-3, Tactics-1, Mechanical-1, Electronic-1, Air/Raft-1, Rifle-1, SMG-2, Streetwise-1
9 7 7 7 7 B
User avatar
hardrocks
Posts: 527
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Post by hardrocks » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:33 pm

"Whathafurph" Calson rolls out of his cot with a thud, slightly regretting drinking the dubious fizz. Grabbing his autorifle he barrels out of his room. Heading aft, weapon up. "Talk to me Steeldust. Crew, sound off"
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Auto Rifle 2, Brawling 1, Comp 1, Electronics 2, Engineer 1, Nav 2, Pilot 1 Shotgun 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1.
User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1274
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Post by Bindoner » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:11 pm

"Blyad'! Chert voz'mi, chto teper'?"

Zhenya rolls out of bed propelled by conditioned responses, the Taser from under the far corner of the pillow ready in hand.

Hastily pulling on underwear and the Mesh coat hanging near the door : "Steel Dust, seal all doors. Crew access only. Execute Anti-Hijack protocols. Do you have video to show me?"

Putting the Body Pistol in one pocket of the coat, the Taser in another, Zhenya grabs a comm unit and the Shock Cane and runs toward Engineering. "I hear you Calson, I am heading aft. Is anyone on the Bridge?"
Last edited by Bindoner on Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 11,330Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1
User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Post by Taki117 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:44 pm

Kuerzu emerges from his room, covered only in his fur, with the gauss rifle in hand. "What is it, and how'd it get aboard?" He asks as he joins the rest of the crew headed to engineering.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 4907
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Post by dragoner » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Zhenya, is the only one stopped to don armor ... :mrgreen:

"It physically broke the mechanism on my rear hatch." Steel Dust deadpans.

A video shows something, before it breaks up into big pixelated blocks, something like a monster mechanical Mickey Mouse, cyborg, robot, maybe battle dress ... "It has chameleon field sensor jamming, disrupts pattern recognition in the equipment." Though the video feed shows it get to the iris valve out of engineering, towards the long hall, ripping the mechanical panel of, and automatic tool where it's hands should be, spinning the emergency release:

dragoner rolled 2d6+2 and got a total of 11:
5, 4
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 4907
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Post by dragoner » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:55 pm

It's moving incredibly fast, the long strides going clang clang on the deck plates, with the harsh sound of metal, like hammers to plate steel. Reaching the door from the corridor to the common area, it rips the emergency access panel off again, it's tools extending into the mechanism ...

dragoner rolled 2d6+2 and got a total of 11:
3, 6
User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1274
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Post by Bindoner » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:10 pm

"Calson, should you go and get your breaching charge? This is dangerous."

With the cane off-hand Zhenya aims the Taser at the airlock and regrets not putting on the Laser Carbine rig.

"Steel Dust, can you seal the hatches the intruder has passed?"

If not air will become a problem as the local atmosphere infiltrates.
Last edited by Bindoner on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 11,330Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 4907
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Post by dragoner » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:16 pm

Theta is closest, roll 1d6+2 for surprise.

The iris opens with a screeching metal ripping sound as the crazed thing forces the mechanism, it fills the doorway, a psychotic machine nightmare Mickey Mouse eared ... suddenly it's right hand rotates down to show a laser tube which it raises (this has to be a robot or cyborg, it has a weapon-arm) "This is a kindness." A metallic voice emanating from the monstrosity as it hunts a target:

surprise!
dragoner rolled 1d6+3 and got a total of 6:
3


"It is breaking through the hatches, the poison air will flood the ship quickly if they can't be repaired." Steel Dust answering Zhenya.

Otto also comes stealthing out of his room with the accelerator rifle in hand:

Stealth roll equal or less to dex (-2 for Droyne).

dragoner rolled 2d6-2 and got a total of 5:
1, 6
User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1274
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Post by Bindoner » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm

Edited:

When there is a chance Zhenya fires the Taser, breaks cover and runs for the stateroom to get a better weapon. And breathable air.

Bindoner rolled 2d6 and got a total of 11:
5, 6



OOC: going offline.
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 11,330Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1
User avatar
hardrocks
Posts: 527
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Post by hardrocks » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:51 am

Calson, heeding Zhenyas request rushes back to his room for a breaching charge, cursing under his breath "I knew we should'a jumped again" fully awake now with the adrenaline pumping, he dons his CA grabs the breaching charge and autorifle and as an afterthought shoulders his laser rifle, heading aft, back to the crew. Comms: "Grack suit up, Scree head to the bridge monitor the Comp. Chir prepare for casualties. Vern follow Grack, I may have a job for you. All of you put your breathing gear on".
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Auto Rifle 2, Brawling 1, Comp 1, Electronics 2, Engineer 1, Nav 2, Pilot 1 Shotgun 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest