4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Taki117

Re: 4/4/2211 Bump In The Night

Post by Taki117 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:00 am

Kuerzu nods as he leads the officer into the engineering compartment. "Yes, I'm her captain, and yes, we'd like to file a report. As for which way it went, I have no idea. you'd have to talk to our Liason officer." He coments, maintaining the whole hands above head thing.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1
dragoner

Post by dragoner » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:11 am

The main officer will take the report, ask for estimated damages, and ping his credentials to Kuerzu's comm, then they will ask who is the liaison officer?
Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:56 am

Zhenya steps forward: "That will be me. I am also the one who fired at the kiborg. My apologies, the rifle, it is beautiful but not a gun I am used to firing."

"The intruder was there" - pointing to where the thing had its bike

"I fired at it as it mounted a vehicle, I intended to prevent its escape. I believe I have some damage to pay for. Cash is quickest, I imagine. Perhaps you would like join me in the lounge for a warming drink while we arrange the details. This criminal has a bounty? That would help pay for repairing the damage it has done. You can tell me about this kiberneticheskiy negodyay while we drink, and recommend a security contractor. As officers of the law I am sure you know who we should employ."

Walking them to the Commons:

"Now, what will you have? Coffee? Strong Coffee?"
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 11,330Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1
hardrocks

Post by hardrocks » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:23 am

Calson resumes his damage assessment, gladly leaving the "cops" to Zhenya.

hardrocks rolled 2d6+1 and got a total of 6:
1, 4
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Auto Rifle 2, Brawling 1, Comp 1, Electronics 2, Engineer 1, Nav 2, Pilot 1 Shotgun 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1.
dragoner

Post by dragoner » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:10 pm

Cal finds that it will take
dragoner rolled 2d6+2 and got a total of 5:
2, 1
hours
and cost
dragoner rolled 2d6+2 and got a total of 9:
2, 5
credits.

Listening to Zhenya, when she mentions shooting at the Cyborg, their attention becomes rapt, "Revenge shooting is a crime in itself, self defense is fine, after the crime as they make their escape, you were in no danger." They both confer with each other, "Yes, cash for damages is best, what I recommend; and what for we should take you to the station house to be booked? Hmmm, yes? By your own admission, unlawful discharge of a firearm."

Hint: they are looking for a ...
Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Listening to Zhenya, when she mentions shooting at the Cyborg, their attention becomes rapt, "Revenge shooting is a crime in itself, self defense is fine, after the crime as they make their escape, you were in no danger." They both confer with each other, "Yes, cash for damages is best, what I recommend; and what for we should take you to the station house to be booked? Hmmm, yes? By your own admission, unlawful discharge of a firearm."
"The kiborg, its Laser arm was pointed at me. A weapon it had already shot at me with, see this console I had to hide behind? This I think is self defence, responding to the threat of a weapon already used against me? But arguing that in a court wastes all of our time. Why don't I just pay a fine now? I'm sure you know what the tariff for such an infringement is, and I can just give you the cash now. Then we can both go about our business. Speaking of which, you were going to recommend a security contractor, and tell me how I register to hunt the bounty on this... is it a robot or a kiborg? Another drink?"
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1
Taki117

Post by Taki117 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:50 pm

Kuerzu makes his way into the commons just as the officers are mentioning taking Zhenya in for booking. "I'm sure taking her in won't be necessary." He says as he removes his helmet and setting it on the counter before getting himself a glass of water. "A fine should be more than enough, perhaps a bit extra for your time." He says as he takes a sip of his water and leans against the counter.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1
dragoner

Post by dragoner » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:31 pm

As Zhenya and Kuerzu argue their case, it becomes apparent that money is the final arbitrator in the matter, and after 8 100 Cr notes are laid before them, the officer's gauntlet crumples them into his fist to be stuffed in his vest. "Damages." He merely says.

"The Field Master has a list of possible PMC's for security, some could be involved with the shakedown for the 'Borg, the recent influx has seen the rise of crime gangs too. Eichhorn PMC is considered the better source (this is the same group mentioned by Craig at the CAN dive), the trustworthiness of any operators over your own Gunner's Mates is questionable. Bounties are paid by the order of a judge, when the fugitive is handed over to the deputies of the court. Armed Bounty Hunter license is Cr200, with application and biometrics, electronically filed."
The D6 Rambler

Post by The D6 Rambler » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:39 pm

Theta is still aboard, and watches security footage of the intruder, replayed by Steel Dust..

"Show from entry to exit of the Borg, Dust, in sequence..."

He makes a streetwise roll for more info/id of it
The D6 Rambler rolled 2d6+1 and got a total of 8:
6, 1
9 7 7 7 7 B
Spear-3, Brawling-3, Tactics-1, Mechanical-1, Electronic-1, Air/Raft-1, Rifle-1, SMG-2, Streetwise-1
9 7 7 7 7 B
dragoner

Post by dragoner » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:43 pm

Theta can tell that the 'Borg is probably a street thug, versus strictly military as military would not have the ridiculous get up of looking like some monstrous mouse. Also from the way it bailed out from engineering, there were probably eyes on the outside watching, telling it to run before it was trapped by the party trying to flank it.
Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:40 am

Once the officers have gone Zhenya slumps in her chair, pushing away her barely touched coffee.

"I will work out a proper watch rota later Kuerzu. For now I suggest Theta, Scree and Grack alternate on watch while Calson and Otto work. I am too tired now, my thinking is clouded. I think you might need more sleep too." *a twinkle in the eye and the hint of a smile, barely noticeable but clear to a Vargr's finely tuned body-language sense* "I doubt we will be disturbed again, the pitch for our trade has been made."

Returning to the stateroom and undressing for bed: "Steel Dust, download a copy of our interview with the police officers to my comm."