4/15/2211 Stalkers

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5164
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/15/2211 Stalkers

Post by dragoner » Sat May 18, 2019 12:26 pm

Everyone is on their way to Hunting - 0 at least.

All that are there can or should roll their Intelligence Characteristic or lower to find clues.

Taki117 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:27 pm
"What's the range of a horse in a solar cycle?"
"69.375 km per day, more if one rode every hour through clear terrain, in the mountains here, about half that."

The two young monks, weeping, bundle the Abbot's body onto his horse to take it back to the monastery, also they are applying medical care to the injured horse. Dealing with the bear's carcass is eclipsed by the other activity, now that the bright F Type sun is rising with luminosity of almost two and a half times the Earth's Sun.
Bindoner wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:37 pm
Watching Kuerzu go Zhenya tries to focus on the situation at hand.

Following after Zhenya greets Leon and Elton: "Well fought! It is a shame that some ubiytsa, an assassin, desecrated this day."

Sister Jeleel, Brothers Jiri and Dylan - these seem to be the people to pay attention to. Jiri's group, they seem too obvious. Unless that is their cover...

Zhenya tries to talk to each separately, asking how their hunt went, using genuine interest and enthusiasm to mask an attempt to establish their locations and movements before the killing.
Jiri's group does seem obvious, the others seem to corroborate his story, there is something odd that she just can't quite put her finger on ...

User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1435
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/15/2211 Stalkers

Post by Bindoner » Sat May 18, 2019 5:26 pm

by vonPilsner » 18 May 2019, 15:18

"Thanks Zhenya, it was an exciting hunt. Are we going to stay and help figure this out?" Says Elton.
"Exciting, yes Elton, the very word." Zhenya's friendly smile is made sinister by the blood smear ( Why is Zhenya's cheek bloody anyway? ;) )
"I think we ought to help. Father Martel was a gracious host to include us in this hunt, we owe him the respect of helping bring his killer to justice."

"Kuerzu, you know something of battlefield injuries, what did you make of the Abbot's wound? Shot from in front or behind? What sort of weapon, high powered or standard sporting gun? He fell forward, knowing calibre and direction for the bullet might help point to a culprit. "

"Brother Theta, you have been away for many years, I know, but perhaps you can tell us about the politics of the order. How is a new Abbot appointed for example, this is a thing I am interested to know."

"Scree, would you ask Chir to go with Vern looking for spent cartridges at likely sniping positions?"

Remembering that the video recording equipment is still running and stopping it Zhenya wonders if it has accidentally captured any clues.

EDIT: Removed comment based on misunderstanding of information.
Last edited by Bindoner on Sat May 18, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 21,180Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1435
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/15/2211 Stalkers

Post by Bindoner » Sat May 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Intelligence roll:

Bindoner rolled 2d6 and got a total of 6:
4, 2
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 21,180Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/15/2211 Stalkers

Post by Taki117 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Kuerzu nods as he barks orders. "Set up a perimeter. 70 km radius from here." He says before kneeling next to the Abbot. "Now...how did you die." He mutters to himself as he examines the wound.

Taki117 rolled 2d6+1 and got a total of 11:
5, 5
Medical to determine direction and caliber of the fatal shot.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

User avatar
vonPilsner
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:00 am
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Re: 4/15/2211 Stalkers

Post by vonPilsner » Sat May 18, 2019 10:58 pm

Looking around for any clues...
vonPilsner rolled 2d6 and got a total of 4:
2, 2
Elton Bishop
Human Male, Age 30 UPP: 9C9766
Scout 2 terms, Rogue 1 term
Pilot-1, JoT-1, Air/Raft-1, Gun Cbt (Carbine)-1, Gunnery-2, Streetwise-1, Gambling-2, Brawling-1, Computer-1

User avatar
The D6 Rambler
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/15/2211 Stalkers

Post by The D6 Rambler » Sun May 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Theta focuses just on where the Abbott fell, and watches as Kuzeru checks him..

"We need an entry and exit wound.." he says stoically, focusing..

Rolling Rifle 1/Tactics, Theta looks for an obvious area for a sniper to have been:
The D6 Rambler rolled 2d6+1 and got a total of 5:
2, 2


Not sure who to inform first, Theta calls order central and tells them, requests backup, but also calls the Star Guard captain from before, to see if orbital resources can scan or has an image of what happened on a satellite.

Any blood spray, he checks its direction, looking for further clues:
The D6 Rambler rolled 2d6 and got a total of 8:
5, 3
9 7 7 7 7 B
Spear-3, Brawling-3, Tactics-1, Mechanical-1, Electronic-1, Air/Raft-1, Rifle-1, SMG-2, Streetwise-1
9 7 7 7 7 B

User avatar
The D6 Rambler
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/15/2211 Stalkers

Post by The D6 Rambler » Sun May 19, 2019 12:10 pm

"This is an attack on the Order.. Martel was of the best of us, but what could be the motive here?" Theta confers with the other monks, watching thier faces..
9 7 7 7 7 B
Spear-3, Brawling-3, Tactics-1, Mechanical-1, Electronic-1, Air/Raft-1, Rifle-1, SMG-2, Streetwise-1
9 7 7 7 7 B

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5164
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/15/2211 Stalkers

Post by dragoner » Sun May 19, 2019 12:30 pm

Bindoner wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:26 pm
by vonPilsner » 18 May 2019, 15:18

"Thanks Zhenya, it was an exciting hunt. Are we going to stay and help figure this out?" Says Elton.
"Exciting, yes Elton, the very word." Zhenya's friendly smile is made sinister by the blood smear ( Why is Zhenya's cheek bloody anyway? ;) )
"I think we ought to help. Father Martel was a gracious host to include us in this hunt, we owe him the respect of helping bring his killer to justice."

"Kuerzu, you know something of battlefield injuries, what did you make of the Abbot's wound? Shot from in front or behind? What sort of weapon, high powered or standard sporting gun? He fell forward, knowing calibre and direction for the bullet might help point to a culprit. "

"Brother Theta, you have been away for many years, I know, but perhaps you can tell us about the politics of the order. How is a new Abbot appointed for example, this is a thing I am interested to know."

"Scree, would you ask Chir to go with Vern looking for spent cartridges at likely sniping positions?"

Remembering that the video recording equipment is still running and stopping it Zhenya wonders if it has accidentally captured any clues.
She can examine the video's for any clues, here, or back at the monastery or ship? Roll 2d6

Scree and Vern report that their search has been interrupted by other Bears, the monks do say that there is danger, and that they should return post haste to the monastery. One young monk, shielded by the the heads of their mutual disciplines, is heard to say in tears, "I didn't know."

By Theta's example, the politics of Martel were pro-Colonial during the recent conflict, and that Martel's personal philosophy was "Populares, non-Optimates". An Imperial delegation was here recently, what they discussed is unknown; while the Imperium would never condone an assassination, not officially, some might know that the Imperial Naval Intelligence is not above "dirty tricks" ... Finally Zhenya remembers at the dinner: About the Imperium, the Abbot sagely ponders, a fleeting sadness crosses his face before uttering, "Remember, wherever you go, one is in the lands of the conqueror."
Taki117 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:01 pm
Kuerzu nods as he barks orders. "Set up a perimeter. 70 km radius from here." He says before kneeling next to the Abbot. "Now...how did you die." He mutters to himself as he examines the wound.

Medical to determine direction and caliber of the fatal shot.
Shot straight to the heart, with a 7 mm hunting round, from the front; if it wasn't an expert kill, it was the luckiest shot in the world. 'Shot through the heart', also has a message to it as well.

vonPilsner wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:58 pm
Looking around for any clues...
While looking around, something scratches like an itch to the brain, maybe there wasn't just an echo off the mountainsides, it could have been two shots, placed closely together.

The D6 Rambler wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:03 pm
Theta focuses just on where the Abbott fell, and watches as Kuzeru checks him..

"We need an entry and exit wound.." he says stoically, focusing..

Rolling Rifle 1/Tactics, Theta looks for an obvious area for a sniper to have been.

Not sure who to inform first, Theta calls order central and tells them, requests backup, but also calls the Star Guard captain from before, to see if orbital resources can scan or has an image of what happened on a satellite.

Any blood spray, he checks its direction, looking for further clues.
The forest and mountains offer too many positions from which a sniper could find concealment.

From the exit wound and spray, the bullet did enter his chest and exited his back.

The calls to central are acknowledged, however the calls to orbit are poor due to bad reception, only every other word can be heard, these are best made at the Monastery or Ship.

The D6 Rambler wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:10 pm
"This is an attack on the Order.. Martel was of the best of us, but what could be the motive here?" Theta confers with the other monks, watching thier faces..
Jeleel, gathering her cloak around her androgynous form, instructor of stealth and disguise, "The hunter becomes the hunted", she says eyes down cast. Jiri, the Armorer, calmly composed, "Old scores to be settled, the war is not quite over." Dylan, the Martial Artist, half introspectively, "An unseen hand moves here, as it does across the whole of the frontier."

User avatar
The D6 Rambler
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/15/2211 Stalkers

Post by The D6 Rambler » Sun May 19, 2019 8:07 pm

"The killer is on foot, while we have horses... They must be found and interrogated. ."
9 7 7 7 7 B
Spear-3, Brawling-3, Tactics-1, Mechanical-1, Electronic-1, Air/Raft-1, Rifle-1, SMG-2, Streetwise-1
9 7 7 7 7 B

User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1435
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/15/2211 Stalkers

Post by Bindoner » Sun May 19, 2019 8:28 pm

by The D6 Rambler » 20 May 2019, 00:07

"The killer is on foot, while we have horses... They must be found and interrogated. ."
"Another hunt? Yes, that would be enjoyable, and it is possible there is an outside actor at loose. There are more bears though, and we have no trail to follow. It is likely any assassin not among the Order had an escape route planned, and a vehicle or mount nearby. Riding off singly to search properly is too dangerous, and riding in a group for protection is not a useful search. When Calson and Chaco arrive with the air-jeep we can safely and quickly look for anyone moving in the mountains."

OOC:
I'm inclined to stay with the monks and investigate at the monastery, but there is merit in checking the grassy knoll hypothesis too.

Also, regarding the Order, qui bono? Who is in line to be Abbot next, and how is that decided?
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 21,180Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 4/15/2211 Stalkers

Post by Taki117 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:59 pm

Kuerzu stands and sighs heavily. "Zhenya is right. This was either the luckiest accident ever, or it was deliberate. Shot's too clean."
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests