5/13/2211 The Monorail Job

Post Reply
User avatar
Legion
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:49 pm
Contact:

Re: 5/13/2211 The Monorail Job

Post by Legion » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:29 pm

Battle armour on Leon readies his laser carbine. " I am ready when you are Calson" Leon will take Calson's left side for when the action starts.
Skills: Computer 1, Electronics 1, Laser Carbine 2, Navigation 1, Pilot 3, Ships Boat 1, Vacc Suit 1 Streetwise 1

User avatar
Rojo Ortega
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:35 pm
Contact:

Re: 5/13/2211 The Monorail Job

Post by Rojo Ortega » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:49 pm

Rojo calls after Gaston.
"Sir, you may be operating with inaccurate information.
In the interest of sparing lives, particularly yours, as you're my banker today...
There are other checks being drawn today... if you catch my drift."
Rojo motions with his head to the roof of the train.

[ooc: my only applicable skill here is Jack-of-Trades (+1) or Admin (+2)? Not sure.]

Rojo Ortega rolled 2d6 and got a total of 7:
4, 3

If this ploy works, and depending on Gaston's location when it does, Rojo follows up with:
[inside car] "For starters, I wouldn't set foot outside this car. It's being watched."
[outside car] "For starters, I'd stay out of site from the roof of the train. Specifically, the fore and aft snipers."

If this ploy doesn't work, Rojo locks and loads.
If it's gotta be, it's up to me.
Then, in the team comms: "Well, Gaston seems determined to get the vehicles.
Martian Scout: Taki Aka Ortega ("Rojo") Age: 38
UPP: 76AA67
Skills: Admin-2, Air/Raft-1, Gunnery-1, Electronics-2, Jack-of-Trades-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-1, Pilot-1

Online
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5520
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 5/13/2211 The Monorail Job

Post by dragoner » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:10 pm

Gaston is non-committal reaction wise, he does see him sub-vocalize into a comm, "Don't be trouble!"

User avatar
hardrocks
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 5/13/2211 The Monorail Job

Post by hardrocks » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:19 pm

Listening on comms: "Keep him talking Rojo" to Leon "Roger that, you go left, I'll go centre, Elton break right". Assuming Zhenya and Theta have gone already. "Its been 30 secs, lets go" Pulling open the door and signaling to Elton and Leon to go via their exits and for Chir and Scree to pop smoke. Calson clears the door takes cover and aims to fire a Ram at the Tech.

hardrocks rolled 1d6+2 and got a total of 3:
1
surprise
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Auto Rifle 2, Brawling 1, Comp 1, Electronics 2, Engineer 1, Nav 2, Pilot 1 Shotgun 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1.

User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1685
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 5/13/2211 The Monorail Job

Post by Bindoner » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:26 pm

Calson checks his gear one last time and looks at the crew, thinking we got this. Nodding to Zhenya "When you're ready Nachal'nista"
Zhenya smiles behind the armour's faceplate at Calson's turn of phrase. A definite morale-boost.

"Rojo, you are alone and essentially unarmoured, do not take any risks. Observe and report. Remember the bodyguard, the nine Mercs, and assume that slizistyy obmanshchik Gaston is dangerous himself. No heroics, we'll come get you when we can."

"Chir get Vern to keep watch on the far side of the train, tell you if the squad in the trees is approaching."

"Scree, when Vern tells you the bandits are getting close enough crack a door and throw some HE/Frag at them."

Slipping out from the wagon and finding a prone position in cover, ACR slung across back, Zhenya aims in the Laser Carbine on the Technical, hoping to set it ablaze. Fuel tanks or ammo stowage, whichever is the clearest shot.

OOC: Will roll to hit when Surprise/Initiative decided.
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

Online
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5520
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 5/13/2211 The Monorail Job

Post by dragoner » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:51 pm

Where is Rojo, following Gaston along the rail side to the vehicles?

No surprise (it was a 50/50 chance), the smoke might have spooked the guerillas, or Gaston and company might have tipped them off; however we can say partial concealment from smoke? -1 DM; it is broad daylight, noon-ish. The Storage car is proof enough against small arms, the 50 mm auto-cannon with DS rounds can light it up, which it does: +4 vs Battle, +2 for very long, +1 for operator skill, -1 for concealment. It swings and area fires into the storage car, pretty much only a 2 saves the car from being hosed -

dragoner rolled 2d6+7 and got a total of 14:
5, 2


The technical is similar armored to mesh, just the metal body work, gun mostly in the open, except it provides cover for the firer; rotating mount by foot pedals.

Guerillas are flak jackets and assault rifles, hand grenades (TL 7 Fragmentation), and a squad LMG, plus a few RPG's; typical military setup.

The Guerillas MC to stand and fight, they are not highly motivated (9+ to stand), normally having +3, but starting would be like 12:
dragoner rolled 2d6 and got a total of 4:
2, 2

Online
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5520
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 5/13/2211 The Monorail Job

Post by dragoner » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:00 pm

Everyone else make their to hit rolls vs the technical, grenades, laser fires; it's a mesh target modifier vs the vehicle, -4 vs the firer for cover, (wearing a flack jacket: cloth +1), range very long.

Everyone in the storage car or around it roll 4+ to not get caught in the deluge of it being shredded, Scree, Chir, and Vern, being more vulnerable, less armored, are rolling 7+

dragoner rolled 2d6 and got a total of 8:
5, 3

dragoner rolled 2d6 and got a total of 9:
6, 3

dragoner rolled 2d6 and got a total of 6:
5, 1


The guerillas immediately fade into the surrounding vegetation. Gaston hits the dirt, crawling in between cars, screaming "Cease fire! Cease fire!" into his comm.

User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1685
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 5/13/2211 The Monorail Job

Post by Bindoner » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:09 pm

Being outside the beaten zone:
Bindoner rolled 2d6 and got a total of 3:
2, 1


Laser Carbine:
Bindoner rolled 2d6 and got a total of 10:
4, 6
(+1 Skill, +1 v Mesh, +4 Sights, +1 if Long range)
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1685
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 5/13/2211 The Monorail Job

Post by Bindoner » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:17 pm

Damage:
Bindoner rolled 4d6 and got a total of 11:
1, 5, 2, 3
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

User avatar
hardrocks
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 5/13/2211 The Monorail Job

Post by hardrocks » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Calson is moving low and fast away from the carriage as the incoming starts.
hardrocks rolled 2d6+4 and got a total of 9:
4, 1


Takes aim and fires a RAM at the tech.
hardrocks rolled 2d6+2 and got a total of 10:
5, 3
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Auto Rifle 2, Brawling 1, Comp 1, Electronics 2, Engineer 1, Nav 2, Pilot 1 Shotgun 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1.

User avatar
Rojo Ortega
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:35 pm
Contact:

Re: 5/13/2211 The Monorail Job

Post by Rojo Ortega » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:14 pm

dragoner wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:51 pm
Where is Rojo, following Gaston along the rail side to the vehicles?
[ooc: Rojo only leaned out the door to speak to the departing Gaston. Once he was out of range, Rojo pulled the door of the car closed and moved to a sheltered position to observer Gaston's movements.]

In an effort to keep up the possibility of casting some reasonable doubt into Gaston's mind, Rojo pretends to accidentally use the general comm for a private communication with his team leader.

"Captain, Gaston has taken the bait and is moving towards the vehicles.
I tried to warn him, sir.
But he wasn't having it.
Still thinks he's calling the shots.
Do you want me to chase him down and convince him, or let it unfold?"

Rojo Ortega rolled 2d6 and got a total of 6:
1, 5
Martian Scout: Taki Aka Ortega ("Rojo") Age: 38
UPP: 76AA67
Skills: Admin-2, Air/Raft-1, Gunnery-1, Electronics-2, Jack-of-Trades-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-1, Pilot-1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests