5/13/2211 The Regular Army O

Legion

Re: 5/13/2211 The Regular Army O

Post by Legion » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:55 am

Now that the soilders have arrived Leon will remain with Zhenya as he watches Elton talk to one of them. His gun is at the ready and even though she can't hear him Leon is talking gently to Zhenya telling her all will be ok.

On hearing Elton news Leon will reply "let's just stay calm and see what happens, he is a young un probably crapping himself, let's wait for someone in command" On secured comms to Carlson and Rojo " I suggest you guys keep your distance from us, just in case it does kick off again". Leon will then wait
Skills: Computer 1, Electronics 1, Laser Carbine 2, Navigation 1, Pilot 3, Ships Boat 1, Vacc Suit 1 Streetwise 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:22 am

OoC: Was waiting for Rojo, as his skills will probably be helpful.

The kid soldier goes to check out the passengers, finding that most are ok, needing only minor first aid, which he helps administer from emergency medikits in the passenger cars. After about an hour, there is a very low, sub-sonic, hum or vibration, and coming low can be seen troop carrying spinners, something like an evolution of an osprey except with four electric turbo fans.

The carriers move in very professional and efficiently, two dropping squads forward of the train, with one circling around behind, landing another. The soldiers, Representative Democracy of Vijayan regular army, armed and armored with Advanced Combat Rifles and Chameleon/Combat Environment Suits, moving as a low crouch, taking up over-watch positions at the front and rear of the monorail. Two of the carrier aerodynes hover up, their back ramps open, and a gunner in a harness is seen at back crewing a multi-barrel light machine gun. The guns are pointed right at the group, train; an amplified voice barks: "Surrender, drop your weapons!"

Legion

Post by Legion » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:26 am

Leon looks over at Elton " Well I guess someone in charge has turned up, we best put our weapons down or they might open up, were rather exposed here" Leon will put his laser carbine on the floor (his snub pistol is still hidden under his armour). He will reply to the hail "hey were the good guys and I need some help over here, we have a seriously wounded that requires attention".
Skills: Computer 1, Electronics 1, Laser Carbine 2, Navigation 1, Pilot 3, Ships Boat 1, Vacc Suit 1 Streetwise 1

vonPilsner

Post by vonPilsner » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:24 pm

Elton drops his weapon and does his best to look non-threatening.
"Wounded, We need a medivac!"
Elton Bishop
Human Male, Age 30 UPP: 9C9766
Scout 2 terms, Rogue 1 term
Pilot-1, JoT-1, Air/Raft-1, Gun Cbt (Carbine)-1, Gunnery-2, Streetwise-1, Gambling-2, Brawling-1, Computer-1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:00 pm

Legion wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:26 am
Leon looks over at Elton " Well I guess someone in charge has turned up, we best put our weapons down or they might open up, were rather exposed here" Leon will put his laser carbine on the floor (his snub pistol is still hidden under his armour). He will reply to the hail "hey were the good guys and I need some help over here, we have a seriously wounded that requires attention".
OoC: Not sure where he would hide a pistol under an armored space suit, though also not sure I'd want to know. :?
vonPilsner wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:24 pm
Elton drops his weapon and does his best to look non-threatening.
"Wounded, We need a medivac!"
OoC: I will wait a bit for other responses, if there are not any, I will go ahead and figure everyone follows suit with Elton and Leon.

hardrocks

Post by hardrocks » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:16 am

Hopefully with some help, Calson will drag Nerissi back to the group in the hour before the troops arrive. Hoping Rojo has joined us (He would be useful talking to the grunts).
When the ships turn their guns on the crew.
Calson will carefully put his gun down raising his hands. "Hold on, we're on your side, we've got wounded here, we need a medevac! Where's your CO we need to talk."
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Auto Rifle 2, Brawling 1, Comp 1, Electronics 2, Engineer 1, Nav 2, Pilot 1 Shotgun 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1.

Rojo Ortega

Post by Rojo Ortega » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Rojo helps Caslon with Nerissi.

When the cavalry arrives, Rojo stows his weapon and walks out to greet them, keeping a watchful eye and pointing in the direction of the last known position of the mercs.
They went thataway!
Martian Scout: Taki Aka Ortega ("Rojo") Age: 38
UPP: 76AA67
Skills: Admin-2, Air/Raft-1, Gunnery-1, Electronics-2, Jack-of-Trades-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-1, Pilot-1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:11 pm

hardrocks wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:16 am
Hopefully with some help, Calson will drag Nerissi back to the group in the hour before the troops arrive. Hoping Rojo has joined us (He would be useful talking to the grunts).
When the ships turn their guns on the crew.
Calson will carefully put his gun down raising his hands. "Hold on, we're on your side, we've got wounded here, we need a medevac! Where's your CO we need to talk."
Rojo Ortega wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:13 pm
Rojo helps Caslon with Nerissi.

When the cavalry arrives, Rojo stows his weapon and walks out to greet them, keeping a watchful eye and pointing in the direction of the last known position of the mercs.
They went thataway!
The soldiers secure the area, and one squad leader sends a fire team to patrol in the direction Rojo pointed out to where the mercs went. The collect the weapons, and take the party to sit away from the train, also taking their helmets, leaving two soldiers to guard them. Medevac is called in, and takes away Zhenya and Nerissi with quick professionalism on another aerodyne chopper.

An old Platoon Sergeant can be seen in command, with a young Lieutenant also sharing the duties. He confers with the locomotive engineer and conductors that there are not any other wounded among the civilians or soldiers. The troops inspect the barricade on the tracks for IED's and then satisfied it is safe, begin clearing it away. The engineer confirms that the train should be able to make it to Dharmasiriwardene at reduced speed.

Then the dead are brought out, their corpses laid out in the sun, the guerilla, Gaston, the merc, and Vern. In time the mercs are also led from the forest, disarmed, hands on their heads. The lieutenant and sergeant confer with the local soldiers who were guarding the train. After collecting everyone's ID's, he asks if anyone will claim the dead, if no one else speaks up, Chir and Scree will say Vern is theirs, and Holden, leader of the mercs, will claim Vivien Esposito, warily eyeing Gaston's corpse, and telling that Fatima Sun, who was taken away on the medevac, will probably claim Daniel Rossi there. Then the Lieutenant states that this is all above his pay grade, and he is bumping it upstairs, and everyone will be taken by aerodyne to their post at Dharmasiriwardene. There is one last search for weapons before the group is loaded on one aerodyne with a couple of soldiers, and lifted off; with the mercs on another.

Dharmasiriwardene would be an idyllic seaside town except for all the military activity, and battle scars. The party is taken to a detention area, where they are put in holding rooms, the base itself is largely composed of prefabricated buildings and chain link fencing. Zhenya briefly wakes before being anesthetized and taken to an autodoc, after a day she wakes in a medical tank, and is told she will be taken before an administrative officer with the rest of her party. Arriving there (about a day and a half has passed), she is taken to a large meeting room where she is reunited with the rest of the group, and Nerissi and the Mercs are present. There are military police, and a tribunal of military officers, a Captain, the lead officer, asks if anyone has an explanation or any other opening statements.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:42 pm

Zhenya resists the impulse to pretend to be fine, and instead is playing up the weakness. Struggling to stand, with support, and speaking in a quiet voice:

"I would like to speak. I presume this is an inquiry into the attempted theft of vehicles and materiel by guerrillas that my team prevented? I regret that I was seriously injured by the confederates of those pyataya kolonna" * Zhenya looks with distaste at Nerissi and the mercs * "in the opening moments of the engagement, so while we are eager to assist in bringing them to justice I can only testify about their conduct before they revealed themselves as separatisty." * Zhenya sways a little, clutching at the nearest person for support * "Please, may I sit to answer your questions about this traitorous plot?"
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 21,180Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:42 pm

The military tribunal is composed of from left to right of those facing them, a Lieutenant Schmitt, a dark haired man of medium age, with Pryp'yat Army insignia on his uniform, same as the soldiers guarding the train wore. Then a Captain Singh, centered on the grey-greenish thick bio-plastic table, her uniform is a casual dress Vijayan RDV uniform, she is direct and charismatic; beside her sits another RDV officer, a Lieutenant Chin, a bright looking young woman in RDV insignia fatigues with an intelligence branch roundel on the sleeve.

As Zhenya speaks, Harry Purvis enters, coughing an apology, and receiving daggers from Singh; "You both may sit down; Miss Kuryakhina, and you can continue your testimony seated." She turns to Nerissi, "Fatima Sun, you were employed as the deceased Daniel Rossi's bodyguard, correct?" Before turning to Holden, his round head shaved with him looking proportionally like a huge infant, "Lieutenant Colonel Alastair Wu, you lead a team hired as security?" Holden/Wu and Nerrisi/Sun both answer to the affimative; "Now Zhenya Kuryakhina, YOU led their administrative staff, yet were armed and armored the most of all, including highly illegal Gauss Rifles? Weapons that killed both Rossi, and a trooper Vivien Esposito, destroying a guerilla vehicle, that had fired on the train which killed your companion, a Dracor or Droyne by the name of Vernfanyu? I do not believe we have ever had a casualties from someone of that species here, everyday a first. Is that correct?"

Rojo and Zhenya should make admin rolls. Zhenya +2, Rojo +4.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:21 pm

Bindoner rolled 2d6 and got a total of 9:
4, 5
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 21,180Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1