6/8/2211 On the Bridge

Post Reply
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5695
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

6/8/2211 On the Bridge

Post by dragoner » Sun May 10, 2020 11:00 pm

Saturday, June 8th, 2211
red sun.jpg
red sun.jpg (32.46 KiB) Viewed 424 times
As everyone else dines in Corinth, Calson is on the Bridge of the 'Star (or Czerni, Steeldust, depends on preference, whatever), in the afternoon where everyday is a dim noontime under the M type red star. One of the patrol ships seen earlier comes in for a landing, raising a cloud of red dust, when it settles, the crew make their way out onto the field, unloading a wheeled ATV. Two of the crew stroll over from across the field, their berets with colorful hackles, seeming very familiar, from the screens on the bridge, Calson can see them examining the 'Star, one checking their comm...

Example of their berets:
beret.jpg
beret.jpg (77.43 KiB) Viewed 424 times

User avatar
hardrocks
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 6/8/2211 On the Bridge

Post by hardrocks » Tue May 12, 2020 8:36 am

If Calson doesn't recognise the insignia, he'll ask 'Star to help ID the patrol.

On secure comms: "Hey Zhenya, got a couple of guys from the patrol ship just landed checking the 'Star out".
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Gauss Rifle 2, Comp 2, Electronics 2, Nav 2, Engineer 1, Pilot 1, Brawling 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Admin 1.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5695
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 6/8/2211 On the Bridge

Post by dragoner » Tue May 12, 2020 11:19 am

The 'Star will answer that the troops appear to be from the Vajra, DTVV, of Vinjaya; the hackle on their berets also match the color of the triangular insignia on the vertical control surface of their ship.

Vajra- download/file.php?id=1119

Insignia- download/file.php?id=1120

The importance of this may be minor or major; however, the 'Star is registered from there out of Stoketown Station.

User avatar
vonPilsner
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:00 am
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Re: 6/8/2211 On the Bridge

Post by vonPilsner » Tue May 12, 2020 11:49 am

Legion wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:31 am
Leon is enjoying his coffee, he hears a familiar boom sound of a ship as it comes in for landing. Listening to Zhenya he hopes there is no violence.
Elton hears the same sound, and sees a myriad of expressions cross Leon's face.
He says, "Someone has arrived..." drink of coffee, drag off cigar.

"Is it time to pay the bill?" he says, a little sardonically.

Image
Elton Bishop
Human Male, Age 30 UPP: 9C9766
Scout 2 terms, Rogue 1 term
Pilot-2, JoT-1, Air/Raft-1, Gun Cbt (Carbine)-1, Gunnery-2, Streetwise-1, Gambling-2, Brawling-1, Computer-1

User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 6/8/2211 On the Bridge

Post by Bindoner » Tue May 12, 2020 4:37 pm

On secure comms: "Hey Zhenya, got a couple of guys from the patrol ship just landed checking the 'Star out".
"Send me a video feed."

"Go and be friendly. Offer refreshments. These are not Imps, play nice. Still, stall any idea of an inspection until I am back."
"Is it time to pay the bill?" he says, a little sardonically.
"Yes, I think so. It was nice while it lasted though, yes?"

If the supplies are ready we'll pick them up before returning to the ship, if there's still time to run Zhenya will call the pharmacy and arrange to pay for a courier.

"Home then."

Zhenya has been quiet during the meal, looking up the security and medical services at the Starport and the town. It may be necessary to impersonate or corrupt them, research is essential.
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Jr Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Gauss Rifle 1, Liaison 2, Recon 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

User avatar
hardrocks
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 6/8/2211 On the Bridge

Post by hardrocks » Wed May 13, 2020 8:10 am

Calson will leave the 'Star and saunter over to the two crew.

With a friendly smile, "How's it going fellas? Help you with something?"
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Gauss Rifle 2, Comp 2, Electronics 2, Nav 2, Engineer 1, Pilot 1, Brawling 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Admin 1.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5695
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 6/8/2211 On the Bridge

Post by dragoner » Wed May 13, 2020 4:32 pm

vonPilsner wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:49 am
Legion wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:31 am
Leon is enjoying his coffee, he hears a familiar boom sound of a ship as it comes in for landing. Listening to Zhenya he hopes there is no violence.
Elton hears the same sound, and sees a myriad of expressions cross Leon's face.
He says, "Someone has arrived..." drink of coffee, drag off cigar.

"Is it time to pay the bill?" he says, a little sardonically.
The total brought by a 'bot from the barista is 20Cr for everyone, coffee and food.

"It must have overheard you." Chaco says to Elton.
Bindoner wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:37 pm
On secure comms: "Hey Zhenya, got a couple of guys from the patrol ship just landed checking the 'Star out".
"Send me a video feed."

"Go and be friendly. Offer refreshments. These are not Imps, play nice. Still, stall any idea of an inspection until I am back."
"Is it time to pay the bill?" he says, a little sardonically.
"Yes, I think so. It was nice while it lasted though, yes?"

If the supplies are ready we'll pick them up before returning to the ship, if there's still time to run Zhenya will call the pharmacy and arrange to pay for a courier.

"Home then."

Zhenya has been quiet during the meal, looking up the security and medical services at the Starport and the town. It may be necessary to impersonate or corrupt them, research is essential.
The pharmaceuticals are ready to be picked up. One thing checking up on security and medicals, as well as the refinery, the capacity is way over what is used, and that there is no way this operation is turning any sort of profit.
hardrocks wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:10 am
Calson will leave the 'Star and saunter over to the two crew.

With a friendly smile, "How's it going fellas? Help you with something?"
They stand out on the landing field, giving the 'Star a look over, though somewhat neutral, or guarded. "Nice bird, where you out of?"

User avatar
hardrocks
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 6/8/2211 On the Bridge

Post by hardrocks » Wed May 13, 2020 4:52 pm

Keeping it open and friendly.

"Thanks, we like her too. Where'd you guys patrol out of? I'm kinda new round these parts. Shall I grab a few beers? You look thirsty and I'd appreciate the scuttlebutt"
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Gauss Rifle 2, Comp 2, Electronics 2, Nav 2, Engineer 1, Pilot 1, Brawling 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Admin 1.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5695
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 6/8/2211 On the Bridge

Post by dragoner » Wed May 13, 2020 7:15 pm

hardrocks wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:52 pm
Keeping it open and friendly.

"Thanks, we like her too. Where'd you guys patrol out of? I'm kinda new round these parts. Shall I grab a few beers? You look thirsty and I'd appreciate the scuttlebutt"
Cal roll 2d6+2 for success on 7+

"Rotating patrol out of Vijaya, drop off some ground pounders, maybe swat some flies. Beer sounds good."

User avatar
hardrocks
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 6/8/2211 On the Bridge

Post by hardrocks » Thu May 14, 2020 8:53 am

hardrocks rolled 2d6+2 and got a total of 9:
3, 4
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Gauss Rifle 2, Comp 2, Electronics 2, Nav 2, Engineer 1, Pilot 1, Brawling 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Admin 1.

User avatar
hardrocks
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Contact:

Re: 6/8/2211 On the Bridge

Post by hardrocks » Thu May 14, 2020 8:58 am

Calson goes and grabs some drinks for them all.

"Well cheers" taking a big gulp "Here's to happy days and confusion to our enemies, whomever they are".
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Gauss Rifle 2, Comp 2, Electronics 2, Nav 2, Engineer 1, Pilot 1, Brawling 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Admin 1.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest