6/8/2211 On the Bridge

dragoner

Re: 6/8/2211 On the Bridge

Post by dragoner » Sat May 30, 2020 12:58 pm

sinbadbrak wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:30 pm
Sinbad awoke refreshed , the first decent sleep in a good while .... until now he had decided to keep himself to himself but maybe it was time to mingle a little as new passengers were likely be embarking soon. Sinbad makes his way to the galley in need of some kind of caffeinated drink.
In the galley is Valentina Petrova, having a tea in a clear squeeze bulb from the automatic dispenser. She's a hanger on, 18 year old kid sister of Gunner Rin Petrov, who she made some discovery of a alien ship that was on a millions of years orbit around a star, she is of slight build, looks belter-ish.
Legion wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:56 am
Leon will not take any weapons aboard the Empress. Too much of a risk at getting caught. In any case Zhenya will have a full hidden arsenal that can be relied upon. If there is a real emergency Leon is sure he would be able to borrow one from a guard.
Fang gives Leon a warm smile, as he enters his account into the ship's credits, and a quick wanding by García for security (which also shows up on his tablet).
Bindoner wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:37 am
Eugenie impatiently strides to the air-lock as soon as the shuttle docks, carrying only the attache case handcuffed to the left wrist. Talking to Leon without looking back: "Make sure the luggage is transferred safely, and hurry up."

( Weapons as listed in previous posts: hair daggers, hypo-cane ( disarmed ), pen-stiletto in attache case, body pistol in secret compartment of same. )

To Fang and Garcia, looking approvingly at their uniform suits: "Now this is better already. So much more professional. Now, which of you will take me to our cabins?"
They do not find any of Zhenya's weapons, only really checking for the body pistol, Fang smiles a crooked grin as he checks her ID, before assuming a more warm, practiced welcoming toothy smile (because nothing speaks louder than 10k credits). "Lady Eugenie Wolfswitwe, I am Fang Corwin, and it will be a pleasure to serve as your Steward." As García handles the luggage, Fang leads the way, to a common area, where Zhenya is given cabin 12, Leon 11, and Sinbad has cabin 8. Passing through the galley area, she spies a giant Hatulim, could that be Sinbad Brak, Hero of Krüger 60, and now wanted terrorist for setting off a nuke on another Imperial ship? The resemblance is uncanny ...

Cabin arrangements - viewtopic.php?p=16160#p16160

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Sat May 30, 2020 5:06 pm

Passing through the ship, paying attention to layout and personnel, "Eugenie" ponders the big cat in the commons. Sinbad Brak.. If it is him, then luck is with us.

Arriving in Stateroom 12:

As Garcia puts the luggage in the room "Eugenie" picks out a cosmetics case, removes a roll of credits and presses two 50Cr notes into Fang's hand:

"Thank-you Mr Corwin, I appreciate the privacy of our cabins, and the security our location promises. Privacy and security are important to me, professionally, as is discretion."

Turning to Garcia with a "Thank you for you help my dear" Eugenie palms another 50Cr to her.

"Is there a secure place in this room?" "Eugenie" asks, holding up the attache case still handcuffed to the wrist "This becomes tiresome."
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Jr Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Gauss Rifle 1, Liaison 2, Recon 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

vonPilsner

Post by vonPilsner » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:18 pm

Elton turns to Calson and as serious as he can muster...
"Captain, I'm going to miss those guys, now let's sell that cargo."
Tries to be stoneface at the controls...
Cracks up laughing, "Just kidding, I've been dying to make that joke since the cafe."
"I hope things go smoothly for them, a luxury cruise sounds boring to me, but I bet they will love it."
Elton Bishop
Human Male, Age 30 UPP: 9C9766
Scout 2 terms, Rogue 1 term
Pilot-2, JoT-1, Air/Raft-1, Gun Cbt (Carbine)-1, Gunnery-2, Streetwise-1, Gambling-2, Brawling-1, Computer-1

Legion

Post by Legion » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:34 am

Leon will check out his cabin (a quick look for any listening devices) and then saunter into Zhenya cabin. "Everything checks out your worshipfulness" he will inform her in a dry monotone voice. he will then stand stock still until commanded otherwise.

Inwardly Leon plays over the next attack, pulls the hairpin out of Zhenya hair and sticks it in the left hand eyeball into the brain of the creep called Fang (stupid name) then a chop to the neck of Garcia and that is two more losers out of the picture.

Leon, always ready and alert.

Perhaps next time he gets to play at being the boss...thinks about it naaa too complicated all this deception.
Skills: Computer 2, Electronics 1, Laser Carbine 2, Navigation 1, Pilot 3, Vacc Suit 1 Streetwise 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:58 am

Fang (as a given name Yoshi in Japanese, and similar to the name Honorius in Latin) seems true to his name, honest, and takes the high credit note more of politeness. Mary's eyes widen a bit with avarice as she takes the bill. Fang will show the locking compartments of the room, as well as offer the use of the ship's safe, where he will sign a receipt for the valuables. The compartment itself is military sparse and utilitarian, the fold out beds double as acceleration couches, maybe similar to a future rail compartment than luxury suite. Fang will promise to do his best to make the High Passage worth it, maybe it is only the ability to bump the regular passengers.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Zhenya thanks Fang for his help, telling him that the locking compartments will have to do. Taking note of their reactions to the tip Zhenya sees opportunity in Mary.

At the mention of regular passengers Zhenya asks: “And who are the other passengers, what sort of people? Are there any other High Passengers?”

What is Leon doing over there? Overdoing it, that's what. :)
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Gauss Rifle 1, Liaison 2, Recon 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:23 pm

"Yes, there are two otherhigh passage passengers, maybe you will meet at the Captain's Table, in the crew area in the forward compartment." He pulls up a map of the Empress on the room's holo-projector, showing a map of the ship, explaining that officers and High Passage dine forward, crew in the galley, and some in the passenger lounge forward of the cargo hold. "We are almost quite full for passengers, only three low berths open, and one regular passage took low berth to open a room for you. There are drinks and a film playing in the passenger lounge now, I can bring that up on the projector here as well."

It is an older classic 2D film from the 20th century:
Charles Halloway: I know who you are. You are the autumn people. Where do you come from? The dust. Where do you go to? The grave.
Mr. Dark: Yes. We are the hungry ones. Your torments call us like dogs in the night. And we do feed, and feed well.
Charles Halloway: To stuff yourselves on other people's nightmares.
Mr. Dark: And butter our plain bread with delicious pain. So, you do understand a little.
Charles Halloway: You are known in this town. My father knew you.
Mr. Dark: Your father? The preacher? That half-man?
Charles Halloway: He lived on goodness.
Mr. Dark: Tasteless fare. Funerals, bad marriages, lost loves, lonely beds. That is our diet. We suck that misery and find it sweet. We search for more always.

Legion

Post by Legion » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:43 am

Leon will tip Zhenya a wink when no one is looking.

Going into a more casual stance Leon will ask Fang about the emergency exit procedure in the unlikely event of a situation where one may need to evacuate the ship.

You can never be too carefull.
Skills: Computer 2, Electronics 1, Laser Carbine 2, Navigation 1, Pilot 3, Vacc Suit 1 Streetwise 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:28 pm

Fang will show on the map: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=542 Evacuation area is near the EVA, there are masks in each room for emergency oxygen if the cabin loses pressure, he points to a small inset cabinet marked with a warning that the alarm will sound if opened. In EVA, as well as some spare suits, there are inflatable emergency escape bubbles. The bridge is detachable as an escape pod, and the slow boat, ship's craft will also be used as a life boat to rescue people that have escaped through the airlock. All of the main compartments can be isolated, to maintain pressure if there is a general loss of pressure event in the ship.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:10 pm

"Thank you Leon, for thinking of that. And thank you Fang, very thorough procedures. Most reassuring. I hope we will never need to test them."

"Leon, would you care to look over the spaces Mr Fang has shown us while I secure things? So we know where we are going later."

vonPilsner

Post by vonPilsner » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:20 pm

"Seriously though,
what now, head out to jump range and plot the jump to the Vegan Empress' next stop?"

"Steel, I'm still no astrogator, I hope you can handle the math."
Elton Bishop
Human Male, Age 30 UPP: 9C9766
Scout 2 terms, Rogue 1 term
Pilot-2, JoT-1, Air/Raft-1, Gun Cbt (Carbine)-1, Gunnery-2, Streetwise-1, Gambling-2, Brawling-1, Computer-1