5/9/2211 Magic OoC

dragoner

5/9/2211 Magic OoC

Post by dragoner » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:23 am

The day trip from Vijaya to Pryp'yat pushed the date to May 8th, so morning of the next day will be the 9th. This can be the first day of the two weeks for R&R.

Relevant info recap:
Bindoner wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:59 pm
What information on the terrain between Yerkes Creek and Maly can we gather from the sensors on Leshy as we fly in? Also, can we pick up any sigint from forces in the area, or detect local ground-defence radars painting us?

Edit:

Zhenya uses a hand computer connected to the Leshy's systems to monitor comms while Leon and Calson work at the cockpit consoles.
There is a Radar map from the Leshy's sensor sweep of the area, general elevations, the Goonetilleke Highlands are for the most part between 1000-2000 meters in elevation (average summer temp is 25°C), a brush forest, and sites of where a lot of the fighting by the insurgency. About two years prior, there was a big push by the insurgents, which included fighting in the outskirts of Maly, the offensive did turn the central valley into an insurgent stronghold, and the Yerkes Creek Fusion Power Plant fell under their control at this time.

Maly has a military airbase sectioned off as the eastern half of the regular Maly landing area, as well as M-Drive spacecraft, there are larger spinners (aerodyne), with lower tech Helos and fixed wing light aircraft. The airbase has AA in the form of a missile battery and two laser batteries (treat as ship's turrets). The highlands have MANPADS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-porta ... nse_system as the insurgents do field those weapons. The Leshy can try to outmaneuver or jam any incoming missiles, the Leshy is fast, then again, life is short.
hardrocks wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:19 pm
Calson sitting next to leon, who is obviously piloting, will keep a close eye on sensors for all the things Zhenya has mentioned. Also interested in vegetation and terrain within 50km of power plant. Any intel is good intel. "Just fly casual Leon"
Where the Power Plant is located, west of the Burstyn hills, and east of the Jayawickrema wetlands; the land is fairly flat, drained marsh with farms and paddies. Thing scrub forest is found in clumps around ponds, as well as following the banks of Yerkes Creek.

Questions from OoC:
Timing - when are the army planning to move? We don't want to have to hold against counter attacks, so we mustn't move too soon.

Two weeks is the vague timeline Nigel has given, though it will be in touch; it could be anytime in one of the weeks after the first two (during the night).

Do we have a contact in the RDV Army?

No. Nigel has informed them it has some mercs going to the Power Plant, to return it to control of the prior owners, and when the Army reaches there, they can take over. However, it reminds of the primary task of inserting the USB device in the plants control computer for a "Firmware Update".

Who controls Maly?

Maly is controlled by the Pryp'yat Provisional Government, it feels as if the RDV is looking to cut loose Pryp'yat at some point, and duplicating government agencies, or turning them over to the locals. Military forces are a combination of RDV Military, Pryp'yat Millitia, and Mercenaries.

Who controls the airspace between there and Yerkes Creek? ( Perhaps we can get permission to fly ).

Orbital and High Altitude by the RDV Military, local airspace by various forces, though insurgents have contested this with ground fire, drones, and even fighters. Nigel has bribed the passage through, though it hasn't detailed the plans, any changes should be filed with Nigel, to make sure that the locals can be dealt with.

Legion

Re: 5/9/2211 Magic OoC

Post by Legion » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:34 am

Sorry I missed the games I was away where the signal is a bit poor. At least I didn't lose!
Skills: Computer 1, Electronics 1, Laser Carbine 2, Navigation 1, Pilot 3, Ships Boat 1, Vacc Suit 1 Streetwise 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:00 am

Legion wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:34 am
Sorry I missed the games I was away where the signal is a bit poor. At least I didn't lose!
No worries, welcome back. :)

Leon just stood by and heard Max talk about Huli Enver, and maybe he might have heard about her being more than a bit ruthless.

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:26 pm

encounter:
dragoner rolled 1d6 and got a total of 1:

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Some of the other maps to help center the discussion for everyone:

Maly:

Map w/monorail route:

Rojo Ortega

Post by Rojo Ortega » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:35 pm

I'm not sure what/how the ownership of the current ship is determined.
Other games I've played in, people bought and worked for shares in a ship (the core team, anyway).
So... assuming that's how it's done, that's how Rojo is trying to indicate that he's willing to invest in the team (and the ship) with cash and hours, etc.

If that is NOT how the ship is owned, then you all can ignore the offer to "buy/work" for a share in the ship... and just accept the request to join the team.
Martian Scout: Taki Aka Ortega ("Rojo") Age: 38
UPP: 76AA67
Skills: Admin-2, Air/Raft-1, Gunnery-1, Electronics-2, Jack-of-Trades-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-1, Pilot-1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:12 am

Rojo Ortega wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:35 pm
I'm not sure what/how the ownership of the current ship is determined.
Other games I've played in, people bought and worked for shares in a ship (the core team, anyway).
So... assuming that's how it's done, that's how Rojo is trying to indicate that he's willing to invest in the team (and the ship) with cash and hours, etc.

If that is NOT how the ship is owned, then you all can ignore the offer to "buy/work" for a share in the ship... and just accept the request to join the team.
It's complicated, I can explain it all, except that removes some of the mystery that Rojo would have discovering it. It is up to you though if you want me to, I will explain it.

hardrocks

Post by hardrocks » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:34 am

It's complicated, I can explain it all, except that removes some of the mystery that Rojo would have discovering it. It is up to you though if you want me to, I will explain it.
Good luck explaining it! :D
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Auto Rifle 2, Brawling 1, Comp 1, Electronics 2, Engineer 1, Nav 2, Pilot 1 Shotgun 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Good idea looking into hunting trips. We can use that as cover for Recon.
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

Rojo Ortega

Post by Rojo Ortega » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:27 pm

dragoner wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:12 am
Ah, no worries. Let's play it out.
Martian Scout: Taki Aka Ortega ("Rojo") Age: 38
UPP: 76AA67
Skills: Admin-2, Air/Raft-1, Gunnery-1, Electronics-2, Jack-of-Trades-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-1, Pilot-1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Random roll:
dragoner rolled 1d6 and got a total of 6: