3/16/2211 The Raid OoC

Post Reply
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5507
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

3/16/2211 The Raid OoC

Post by dragoner » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Gunnarr wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:01 pm
[OOC mode/on]
As I understand it, he wants us to do two things. First, plant charges in/on the ship that got shot down, to make sure the cargo aboard it is destroyed (no guns going to the natives) and make sure that the natives can't show proof of ImpNavy involvement. Second, he wants us to raid some kind of native POW camp (or police station, secret service interrogation center) and remove the human gunner who was captured, so he cannot give the natives info they can use for propaganda/etc.

He will provide the transport to the ship (undersea barge/crawler), then to the beach, then after we retrieve the POW he will provide extraction in the form of some small electric subs (presumably either piloted by his people, or simple enough that we can use them).

In exchange we get 50K base pay, plus 5K per person on the mission. He will also make sure there are no issues with us selling the cargo we brought to the planet (as far as customs, hassles, etc).

The implied threat is that he can also make sure our cargo does NOT get past any hassles/taxes/issues that come up, but he hasn't actually said that.

If I am understanding that correctly, can we start an OOC Thread for the mission, call it something like 'the raid' or whatever, so we can discuss what the players want to do? I have a number of thoughts on the whole thing, but it can be summarized as 'Yes, lets do this'.

[OOC mode/off]
:geek:

(IMO, this can also be discussed IC)

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5507
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/16/2211 The Raid OoC

Post by dragoner » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:13 pm

You just need to parse what you want to ask Mr Hawaiian Shirt Scout back in the office.

User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/16/2211 The Raid OoC

Post by Taki117 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:47 pm

Gunnarr wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:49 pm

Yeah, he thinks big, but he's a vargr and the human concept of 'biting off more than you can chew' has never made sense to him...
Bigger bite means you're chewing longer. Kuerzu will take the Gunner team, since that's more his style. In all honesty I think that will be more get in/get out than anything.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

User avatar
The D6 Rambler
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/16/2211 The Raid OoC

Post by The D6 Rambler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:18 am

(Weapons, you say? Salvage a giant ship? )

Though it may tie us here for a spell, this could greatly expand our power base, and BT is volunteering to go, for security, and to aid in any salvage rights disputes, and will use his concealed status as a General and Knight. We can collect and then claim the ship under salvage law, and then just say its a classified merc op or something. Or, when the time comes, lean on Type S, and get what we want from him.

Brother Theta has a Germanicus vs. Arminius sort of thing going on with the Yags. He has only recently accepted that they are beings, and not monsters from the depths of space. He knows only about fighting them, killing them on a military level. With the Discipline this has changed, and he sees them hesitatingly as living intelligent creatures, as opposed to unintelligent, savage military targets to be destroyed on sight.
9 7 7 7 7 B
Spear-3, Brawling-3, Tactics-1, Mechanical-1, Electronic-1, Air/Raft-1, Rifle-1, SMG-2, Streetwise-1
9 7 7 7 7 B

User avatar
The D6 Rambler
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/16/2211 The Raid OoC

Post by The D6 Rambler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:25 am

Idk when its supposed to go down, but BT is in the look for an AR-7 type survival rifle, but a .38 caliber one. The receiver is heftier and it can be used like a pistol, with a folding stock, an hud monocle sight, supressor and it comes in like a mossberg shotgun floaty can full of bullets/mags.
9 7 7 7 7 B
Spear-3, Brawling-3, Tactics-1, Mechanical-1, Electronic-1, Air/Raft-1, Rifle-1, SMG-2, Streetwise-1
9 7 7 7 7 B

Keith
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:04 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/16/2211 The Raid OoC

Post by Keith » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Q agrees to the plan of him hitting the ship. Also recommends that someone make sure the ROVER is as ready to move out before we leave as can be set up. (Ooc I know this would be sop, however, I want to make sure that we as a group know this. I have been tripped up by similar forgotten precedents being stated.)

Q is already making plans for his kit.

"Captain Nemo sir, how much gear can we take in the sub's ??

(He too is hoping to bring back a few 'souvenirs' from the ship if we can not get it out of the water.)
9 C A A A 7
Vacc suit 1 shp bt 1 engrng 2 med 2 mech 2 auto pistol 2 knife 1 strwse 1 bribery 1

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5507
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/16/2211 The Raid OoC

Post by dragoner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:34 pm

Gunnarr wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:18 pm
... and a grav belt.
It's a thruster belt, good for zero G, think of a maneuver pack for a EVA suit.
Keith wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:32 pm

"Captain Nemo sir, how much gear can we take in the sub's ??
I will answer this In Character.

User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1678
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/16/2211 The Raid OoC

Post by Bindoner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Back online, just reading in.

I can see Zhenya on either team. As you say, the Vacc Suit/Zero-g skills would suit the ship. The infiltrate/exfiltrate mission is pretty much Zhenya's trade though.

This mission is against the Collectivist Yags, yes? It's the Impi bugs Zhenya has history with. Obviously, not happy around any of them, but no personal hatred for those Spiders. So killing them will be professional, not therapeutic ;)
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1678
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/16/2211 The Raid OoC

Post by Bindoner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:06 pm

I'll go on the team that I'm most use on.

We're all Colonials, aren't we? I'm thinking this isn't really a rescue mission for us. Much simpler just to do a damage limitation job.
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5507
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/16/2211 The Raid OoC

Post by dragoner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:08 pm

I'm cleaning my house for relatives showing up tomorrow, so I will be in and out.

Recon as stealth is good, we'll play it by ear, dex rolls can work too. The Impi Yags are like banana republics like Peronists, and they aren't going to like the Imps messing around, because that means they could be next on the block. Nemo would tell you that the Yags aren't all that bad, unlovable sure, but unlucky to be TL7-8 when they were first contacted by humans.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5507
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 3/16/2211 The Raid OoC

Post by dragoner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:13 pm

Bindoner wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:06 pm
I'll go on the team that I'm most use on.

We're all Colonials, aren't we? I'm thinking this isn't really a rescue mission for us. Much simpler just to do a damage limitation job.
You are who you pretend to be, the Colonials had their share of shady characters. How you carry it out is up to you. I'm just trying to keep the info pdf under 20 pages. :ugeek:
Gunnarr wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:01 pm
dragoner wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:34 pm
Gunnarr wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:18 pm
... and a grav belt.
It's a thruster belt, good for zero G, think of a maneuver pack for a EVA suit.
Ah, I thought it was an AG belt. Not so useful then, but the rest still applies.

If Zhenya goes with the strike team, then Aziza could replace her on the ship team. She'd have Vacc-0, I assume, so not helpless in the water.
The thruster belt would be useless in the water, however, her knowledge of it would help with the underwater sledges.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests