4/16/2211 Conspiracy Theories

dragoner

4/16/2211 Conspiracy Theories

Post by dragoner » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:54 pm

Bindoner wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:10 pm
"Steel Dust, power down our weapons please. Leon, bring us alongside that hulk as quickly as you can. We need a team ready to go aboard and strip out the computer cores, I want their databanks. Anyone good with computers and electronics ?"

"You should have bet against me Elton, it appears they have no desire to stay and fight."

Responding to the Star Guard:

"Firing ceased. We believe this ship is part of a criminal conspiracy. It was fleeing our lawful pursuit. We have prevented their flight with precise shots to the drives and now we are impounding the ship to search for evidence. We request you detain the crew."

Realising that issuing orders on the bridge is not the Liaison Officers role Zhenya grins at Kuerzu and Calson in turn. "If you agree, komandiry"
Piracy cons?

A different Star Lord, the Cyprus, hails the Wandering Star: "This is Captain Timmins of the Aurelian Star Guard, I would be interested to see your evidence, as the Imperium is reporting that a spacecraft fitting your description, waylaid a civilian liner off Mu Cassiopeiae, killing three crew, stealing cargo including personal effects and mail. Also under suspicion for an explosive device set off in the parking lot of a bar on Sameen, HR 511, that was a known haunt of ex Colonial Navy personnel, with multiple casualties. Maybe you can heave to, and show us your logs and documentation."

[ooc] Never did I see such luck with the reaction rolls.

dragoner

Re: 4/16/2211 Conspiracy Theories

Post by dragoner » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:48 pm

Scout Deck Plan from White Dwarf 40:
White Dwarf 40 pg26.png
White Dwarf 40 pg26.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 291 times
The criticals have torn holes in the fuselage to B Deck 1, and B Deck 8.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:26 am

Hearing of the bomb at Sameen Zhenya is furious. "Eti gryaznyye ublyudki! To strike at our friends and blame us for the blow! There can be no peace between us now, none but the grave, chestnoye slovo!"

How long until their fighters can intercept us?

How close to the Scout can we Jump from?
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 21,180Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

Legion

Post by Legion » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:11 am

"what do you want me to do" asks Leon, "I am not sure that we will have enough time to board the ship" Leon is prepared to make any evasive moves. He smiles to himself this ship certainly packs a punch.
Skills: Computer 1, Electronics 1, Laser Carbine 2, Navigation 1, Pilot 3, Ships Boat 1, Vacc Suit 1 Streetwise 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:53 am

Legion wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:11 am
He smiles to himself this ship certainly packs a punch.
It is a tough customer. :)
Bindoner wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:26 am
How long until their fighters can intercept us?
Fighters at M6: 35 minutes, the Cyprus at M4: 44 minutes. They are roughly 30,000km distant.
How close to the Scout can we Jump from?
1km should be fine, or 3 (2.83) seconds of thrust at 5G's; closer with a penalty.

vonPilsner

Post by vonPilsner » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:17 am

"Can we pick up the escape pods and still make our jump before anyone else can intercept us..? I imagine Brother Theta has some questions for them..." Elton asks (via intercom) the crew in general.
Elton Bishop
Human Male, Age 30 UPP: 9C9766
Scout 2 terms, Rogue 1 term
Pilot-1, JoT-1, Air/Raft-1, Gun Cbt (Carbine)-1, Gunnery-2, Streetwise-1, Gambling-2, Brawling-1, Computer-1

The D6 Rambler

Post by The D6 Rambler » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:04 pm

"Im all set here. I would have liked to spent more time at home, but those days are past. We should withdraw ASAP. You let me know if you want me to address these Starguard..."
9 7 7 7 7 B
Spear-3, Brawling-3, Tactics-1, Mechanical-1, Electronic-1, Air/Raft-1, Rifle-1, SMG-2, Streetwise-1
9 7 7 7 7 B

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:17 pm

vonPilsner wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:17 am
"Can we pick up the escape pods and still make our jump before anyone else can intercept us..?
[ooc] I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, I think it would be a pilot roll to grab the pod in the cargo bay. Going back the other way towards the planet where the SG's are coming from; 2d6 off the 35/44 minutes.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Replying to Elton:

"In the time we have I would rather try and snatch the data on the ship's computers than a hostage from a pod, Strelok." * smiling at Elton, gifting him a nickname * "There will be up-to-date ship registries, the scout's flight log and sensor records. More details about the Sameen attack, this ship likely brought the news, we only left there a day or so ago. Some idea of what they know about us and how they are searching. Hopefully the disposition of the Imp ships in this sector. Things prisoners cannot or will not tell us."

"Not that a prisoner is a bad thing. Perhaps we drop off a team to cut out the databanks, Leon takes the 'Star to grab a pod, returns to pick up the salvage, we Jump out?"

As an afterthought: "Steel Dust, allow full access to Elton. He is all in with us now." Smiling at Elton "Welcome to the family Strelok."

"We will keep you as a trump card Brother Theta, there is no need to implicate you unless we have to. You might be useful as a hostage after all, someone too important to destroy the pirate ship they are held on." Zhenya gestures air-quotes over the word hostage, with a grin. "I would have preferred to stay and investigate Martel's murder with you Brother, but I think the same hand is behind our troubles too. It seems somebody is striking against every CA sympathiser left. Perhaps we can bring justice to the instigator of the crime while saving ourselves."
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:27 pm

Contacting the Cyprus:

"I assure you we have no connection to the murderous crimes you allege. Our quarry is a corrupt faction within the IN, and any accusations coming from this Scout or other sources controlled by the INI are likely compromised. A simple analysis of our travel times will indicate that it is not possible for us to be involved in any bombing on Sameen for example, that is a hasty lie designed to delay us which can only succeed if it is unexamined. If such an atrocity actually happened it is also a despicable, unforgivable crime against peaceful civilians, a flagrant breach of the peace treaty and tantamount to a resumption of the war." * Zhenya is allowing genuine fury to show through the calm "official" persona * "I am boarding that ship and recovering whatever evidence they have not had time to destroy. Once I have secured it I will share what is relevant."

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:05 am

Bindoner wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:27 pm
Contacting the Cyprus:

"I assure you we have no connection to the murderous crimes you allege. Our quarry is a corrupt faction within the IN, and any accusations coming from this Scout or other sources controlled by the INI are likely compromised. A simple analysis of our travel times will indicate that it is not possible for us to be involved in any bombing on Sameen for example, that is a hasty lie designed to delay us which can only succeed if it is unexamined. If such an atrocity actually happened it is also a despicable, unforgivable crime against peaceful civilians, a flagrant breach of the peace treaty and tantamount to a resumption of the war." * Zhenya is allowing genuine fury to show through the calm "official" persona * "I am boarding that ship and recovering whatever evidence they have not had time to destroy. Once I have secured it I will share what is relevant."
Timmins looks harried, "That scout is a courier flying under diplomatic immunity, whether they violated their flight plan or not, it is an infraction, for us to prosecute. It remains Imperial territory, you do not have license here to search it, you had no right to destroy it either. Under who's jurisdiction do you operate? Certainly if you are innocent, then you would have no objections to your ship being searched, and this matter brought before a judge. War with the Imperium is something Aurelius cannot afford."