5/3/2211 Galactic South

Bindoner

Re: 5/3/2211 Galactic South

Post by Bindoner » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:21 pm

by Legion » 11 Nov 2019, 19:50

Leon would have collected his gear from the Star and packed it away on the boat. "what now captain" he will ask "I can stay with this old bird while you stock the locker?"
"I ought to take someone with me to the bazaar, the last time I went solo, it did not go so well." * Zhenya's expression darkens for a moment, then becomes impassive again * "Either Strelok or you, if you like. We are not leaving in a hurry, we could have a drink, but if you would rather stay with the ship I can get Chaco to come along."

Looking over the new Ships Boat:

Over ship's comm: "Czernobog, have you made yourself at home in the new runabout yet?"

"Incidentally, does our little Leshy have claws? Or is it just an inoffensive creature we must arm and train?"
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Jr Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Gauss Rifle 1, Liaison 2, Recon 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:06 pm

hardrocks wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:45 pm
As soon as we're squared away, Calson will start thinking about the OP job. Approaching Scree, Chir and of course Vern. "Scree, I'm gonna need your help on the Recce job. Are you happy to help me plan? and with Chir and Vern make it work"?
"Ah, ok, I wuz thinkin that you might take Chaco, and I'd stay behind, maybe it is better if we leave him here with Otto, Grack might be better to come with us too. We should also talk to Theta, as I think he was some sort of tactician? Vern is good sneaky recon, too."
Bindoner wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:21 pm
by Legion » 11 Nov 2019, 19:50

Leon would have collected his gear from the Star and packed it away on the boat. "what now captain" he will ask "I can stay with this old bird while you stock the locker?"
"I ought to take someone with me to the bazaar, the last time I went solo, it did not go so well." * Zhenya's expression darkens for a moment, then becomes impassive again * "Either Strelok or you, if you like. We are not leaving in a hurry, we could have a drink, but if you would rather stay with the ship I can get Chaco to come along."

Looking over the new Ships Boat:

Over ship's comm: "Czernobog, have you made yourself at home in the new runabout yet?"

"Incidentally, does our little Leshy have claws? Or is it just an inoffensive creature we must arm and train?"
"Yes, though I might have Otto do some adjustments to the control and computer systems. It does appear to be unarmed, a door gun at least might be good, if anyone has the skill to use it, otherwise, it might be too much time to get spacecraft weaponry installed before you leave."

Chaco will agree to accompany Zhenya to the bazaar area.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:36 pm

OOC: Just Retconning the shopping trip to stock the Locker.

IC: Zhenya and Chaco tour the emporia of Stoketown, acquiring the Ship's Locker items, and trying to find a door-gun for the 'Boat. Before returning to the ship they visit the Bildge for a beer or two, some snacks, and the swapping of war-stories.
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Gauss Rifle 1, Liaison 2, Recon 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Zhenya should roll the streetwise, to see what she can score for a door gun. Andre's Bazaar, level 10, is filled with much used and new items, often bulk, for supply to spacecraft, there are some surreptitious weapons dealers there as well. Stoketown: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=495

Chaco, mentions his being in the line for only a short while before capture, late war; he's curious to what the early war was like. "Did you think you could win?" He asks her.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:11 pm

"I would not have fought if I did not believe in victory. We were very near to an honourable accommodation too, before the betrayal."

"Actually, I did not fight at first, not personally. I had responsibilities in government. I believed we could, should, win. We were doing quite well, I thought. Then the war came to my home, became personal. After that I stayed in the battle, until the end. Whenever that will be."

Zhenya tells Chaco a few tales of ship-taking with Kuerzu's Vargr Corsairs, exhilarating times recalled with... not pleasure, no, but bittersweet pride.
Last edited by Bindoner on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Streetwise:
Bindoner rolled 2d6+2 and got a total of 10:
2, 6

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:47 pm

Chaco talks about growing up on Wiseman, in the Kruger 60 (DO Cephei) system, and how for most of the war, it all seemed so far away, then his day came, and he went to fight; many would call him a fool for leaving a Rich B765894-C world like Wiseman. He thought the war was probably lost, except it was all he knew at the time.

In the Bazaar, Zhenya has the luck of finding a couple of old door guns: One an Induction Gun, or "Flamer" (PGMP-13) for 65,000Cr; and the other, a good old GPMG for 1,200Cr. Neither are exactly "legal" though if caught bringing them back to the ship, she might be able to bribe her way out of trouble.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:23 pm

While recalling the glory days of Kuerzu in his prime, when we were winning, was nice, returning to the present is less so.

Finding the weapons lifts Zhenya's mood a little. "It would be a shame to leave such things to fall into the hands of ne'r-do-wells, we had better take both into our safe-keeping, yes?"

Hopefully they will be lost among the huge quantity of things purchased already.

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Police roll 2- on 2d6:
dragoner rolled 2d6 and got a total of 5:
1, 4

Chaco is is interested in what Zhenya has to say, himself being only a soldier. "So betrayal, like the Objectivists vs Demarchists* on Rand?" He nods, "That was bad."

*Think Stalinists vs Anarchists in Catalonia.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:19 pm

"Infighting, yes, that was unforgivable. Zakonchite svoyego vraga, prezhde chem srazhat'sya s druz'yami. Finish the war you are waging before starting a new one. Tearing apart our alliance, it made things easier for the Imps. Helped bring us to the final betrayal, that orudiye d'yavola Marston's Tau Ceti Surrender Deal."

"I respect you for your choice to join up, even as the tide turned against us, Chaco. It was an honourable and brave thing, and I am sorry that High Command and Parliament failed decent people like you. Perhaps I would have been more use putting aside my personal feelings and staying in government, rather than joining the CAN. I do not think I could have done other than I did though. Too much blood to avenge. And now there is more, again." * Zhenya drains the beer bottle, shakes like a dog to change the mood * "We will fix things. Zhivy búdem -- ne pomrom, while we live there is hope."

On the way back to the ship: "I am glad you are with the ship, Chaco, it is good for me to have another ex- CAN to talk to."

"I think the Gimpy would be the right accessory for our air-jeep. Otto can fit a pintle mount for it."

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:14 pm

OoC: Get back to Leon, Elton, Theta, and Calson too. Is their anything they want before going to a different planet?

"I saw my homeworld fall, came back around again and was captured in the fighting, was in a POW camp by the time the surrender came through. I'm glad you are CAN too, and still in the fight, that's why I joined up." Carting the stuff back to the ship, he adds: "We're gonna need ammo too for the MG, almost forgot that."

Otto, or anyone with mech can fabricate a mount for the MG on the jeep.