5/13/2211 The Regular Army O

hardrocks

Re: 5/13/2211 The Regular Army O

Post by hardrocks » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:40 am

After pocketing his comm. Calson Accompanies the ladies on their morning constitutional, listening and watching.
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Gauss Rifle 2, Comp 2, Electronics 2, Nav 2, Engineer 1, Pilot 1, Brawling 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Admin 1.

Legion

Post by Legion » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:23 am

Leon would not have joined Zhenya or the others, he would have gone out to the Leshy to check it out again / make sure systems are functional (you can never carry out too many checks). He will then spend any spare time having a quiet drink round the hotel pool waiting for Zhenya or any of the others to get in touch.
Skills: Computer 2, Electronics 1, Laser Carbine 2, Navigation 1, Pilot 3, Vacc Suit 1 Streetwise 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:38 am

Rojo Ortega wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:02 am
To Huli,
"Do most locals feel like this? That is all posturing, and once the dust settles, things will just return back to normal. Is that what everyone is waiting for? The big dogs to go home?"
"From the ones I have spoken with, I think most want the war to end. Certainly there are those that can take what they want, and those that feel that if they lay low, they can revisit the issues later after the dust settles. Isn't this the way people always are? It took 14 billion years for this moment to arrive, and here we are." She answers as the surf pounds the beach, as bird analogs screech, floating on the wind.

"I hear they have found ruins to the south, along the estuary, a tech five culture that didn't take. We build our lives on the ruins of what came before. Each one saying 'this one is real', and it's merely like civilizations rise and fall like tides of the ocean."
Legion wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:23 am
Leon would not have joined Zhenya or the others, he would have gone out to the Leshy to check it out again / make sure systems are functional (you can never carry out too many checks). He will then spend any spare time having a quiet drink round the hotel pool waiting for Zhenya or any of the others to get in touch.
Czernobog is in the Leshy's controls, the ghost in the machine. Grack and Scree are more comfortable helping out with the boat as well.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:11 pm

"All people who do not hope to profit from war want it over." * Zhenya pauses, considers those words in light of personal experience * "Profiteers and believers. There are people who think war can lead to their version of a just peace. Such people will fight longer and harder than those who only hope to benefit personally."

"Myself, I am resigned to live in the ruins of what was. I do not repudiate my own beliefs, but I have lost faith in achieving them. I will be content if I can merely frustrate the schemes of those I oppose. Limiting damage will be enough."

"Speaking of which, when this offensive is over I have evidence of such schemes to show you. Audio and documentary."

[ooc] Not going to tell Huli about inserting a virus into the power plant's control computer? :lol:
Unimportant details. That's kinda included in the "neutralise the asset" part.
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Jr Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Gauss Rifle 1, Liaison 2, Recon 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:33 pm

"I have burned it all down for beliefs, thus why I am here on the frontier, ruined everything I had before. So it goes. I am interested in this other story you are hinting at, a few days after kick off I should be back here in Maly, we should keep in touch." Smiling graciously.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:26 pm

"We have that in common, then. Cleansed in the fire, we are only who we are now."

"We ought to stay in touch, yes. I would be grateful, for example, to hear anything you might be told about the situation at Yerkes Creek. I would like to have one easy operation, without surprises. I can give you some of our mission video in return."

"Also, we must arrange the terms of this journey to Pollux."

"After the sweep I will be happy to go through what I know with you. if I am not here, perhaps I will have someone give you the files."
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Gauss Rifle 1, Liaison 2, Recon 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

vonPilsner

Post by vonPilsner » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Elton spends the day seeing the town with Nadya (assuming she doesn't have to be at work) and being touristy. ;)
Elton Bishop
Human Male, Age 30 UPP: 9C9766
Scout 2 terms, Rogue 1 term
Pilot-2, JoT-1, Air/Raft-1, Gun Cbt (Carbine)-1, Gunnery-2, Streetwise-1, Gambling-2, Brawling-1, Computer-1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:32 pm

[ooc] I have been keeping it open a bit for Rojo, Calson, and Leon to add anything if they want to.
Bindoner wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:26 pm
"We ought to stay in touch, yes. I would be grateful, for example, to hear anything you might be told about the situation at Yerkes Creek. I would like to have one easy operation, without surprises. I can give you some of our mission video in return."
"I might be able to use video, thanks. The guerillas not knowing you are coming would probably be the greatest asset, the best way to avoid surprises. Unfortunately, surprises seem to come with the territory, Yerkes Creek is one of the main objectives of the operation, what that means, who knows? Could be heavily defended, or the rebels might have gone south, some guerillas are the local militias, that switch sides whichever way the wind blows."
vonPilsner wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:10 pm
Elton spends the day seeing the town with Nadya (assuming she doesn't have to be at work) and being touristy. ;)
At some point she will ask to meet again for dinner, having to go change, until then, it is a nice day out, with Nadya being able to show Elton all the local sights. Maly is a quite idyllic touristy town, with Mediterranean style buildings, open air markets where people go to see and be seen by others.

hardrocks

Post by hardrocks » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:25 pm

Saying a polite goodbye is not quite enough for Cal. Holding his comp to Zhenya, "do you mind taking a quick shot of us for me?" To Huli " The guys will never believe this" Hugging her round the shoulder (in a non-threatening way) "Say antidisestablishmentarianism and smile" obviously with rabbit fingers behind her head if he thinks he can get away with it.
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Gauss Rifle 2, Comp 2, Electronics 2, Nav 2, Engineer 1, Pilot 1, Brawling 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Admin 1.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:19 pm

"Blyad'! Pochemu ty tak postupayesh' so mnoy?"

Mortified, Zhenya takes the camera:

"I am so sorry, he is chertovym durakom, ah, a fan." * Sigh * "I was trying to make us look professional....."

If Huli assents:

Sternly: "This is private image Calson. You cannot share it."

Before we part:

"You must let me buy you a meal one evening, to make this up to you."

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:37 pm

Huli smiles for the first picture with Calson, and rolls her eyes for the second, "That is ok, let him play his little game. I would be delighted to dine with you some time." Before waving and turning to pad off through the soft sand.

New IC thread:

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=529