Traveller Software Blues

Flonker

Traveller Software Blues

Post by Flonker » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:39 am

So what did you use to make the planetary maps?

I've been looking for a copy of TrTools lately, with source, if possible. And I'm thinking of revamping some 'ware called MTU aka My Traveller Universe if I can make heads or tails outta the spaghetti code Mark wrote. I used to betatest for him back in the day... :D

What I'm thinking of is, bringing my old CATN campaign back from the dead, on a forum like this. I LIKE this format, SO much easier to deal with than a PBEM. Only thing that would make it perfect for my (admittedly evil) purposes is a site to stash campaign info outside the forum with a forum link on the page, kinda a cross between my old CATN website and this.
Keven - Wyott Khade 876CB6 - "He did WHAT with a stick of butter?????"

forbin

Re: Traveller Software Blues

Post by forbin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:18 am

I heard Mongoose was toying with writing and selling a suite of software to support Traveller GMs and/or players.

I'm a software engineer myself, and I would love to work on Traveller software, either for a living, or for a side project and spare change.

I've sent them a couple of e-mails inquring about their software development capabilities, and whether they might be needing staff.

Got any ideas, either on that front, or on our own?

For example, just dusting off the various Open Source things out there and getting a bunch of it working would be useful. A "distro" would be especially nice, so that non-developers could just download a whole combined package of stuff, run the installer /setup wizard, and have it all work right out of the box.
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B

Flonker

Re: Traveller Software Blues

Post by Flonker » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:18 pm

Go figger.

I was grepping around my home dir in my copy of my CATN site off Geocities and found a copy of TrTools, not quite the latest version I've seen mentioned, but liveable.

Now to see if I can recompile it under Linux... :D
Keven - Wyott Khade 876CB6 - "He did WHAT with a stick of butter?????"