311/1323 Vlinshaedr Bound

ulysses1174

Re: 311/1323 Vlinshaedr Bound

Post by ulysses1174 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:33 pm

To Dax and the group

"Well sounds like you gents have an unexpected little excursion planned for the rest of the day. Let me throw this out there... Take me with you call it an audition. If you take me on last pick of any trophies gained and no share of the coin. If you decide to give me a pass a quarter share of the coin as well to help get me off this rock. Even though I know my qual info will check out this will give you a real idea of what I'm worth. As my farmer DI used to say you won't be buying a pig in a poke."

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:41 pm

"Well, as an ancient general once said: 'the acid test of battle brings out the pure metal', we can go check this thing out." Dax says, giving a crooked grin, "let's get out of this joint."

OoC: If everyone agrees, we'll go back to the ship and meet up with the Doc and Ranse.

scottg

Post by scottg » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:22 am

OoC - Doc is ready to get into more situations that he is mostly unprepared for. Onward!!

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:43 pm

OoC: Somebody stop me if I'm going too fast.

The part of the crew that was away from the ship return, interested to learn what the big book has to show, Alys, being the competent astrogator, matches it up on the current map:

"Hmmm, kind of close to Fire-Land. They had some sort of schism with the Rock-Ice group, that's why they are separate." Dax notices. While everyone else figures out who is going, and what they are going to take, Dax will run Nowhar's quals through the ship's computer, with no red flag, he'll swear Nowhar in and get him to put a thumbprint on a datapad (Morales did this as well earlier). Once done, he'll salute and welcome Nowhar aboard.

When that's over, the people who are going can load up in the ship's boat, Alys will stay to guard the ship, Dax will go to check out the base with everyone else.

Who is flying it? Khaek? There should be a pilot roll; it will take about three hours with a ballistic to orbit/re-entry route, more at about 1000kph NOE flight.

scottg

Post by scottg » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:23 am

Doc will do a quick safety check on the environmental suits that will be worn, making sure that the cold will be kept at bay for a while. He suggests a time limit for the mission, so that past a specific amount of time, if Alys doesn't hear from us, we can get rescued. Doc will take his med bag, snub pistol and two grenades.

ulysses1174

Post by ulysses1174 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:26 pm

Nowhar after getting scanned in and assigned a rack will mention he has a few items in the Port facilities lockers that will take him a few minutes to collect including his rifle. He's already wearing his environment suit with and over tunic poncho and cloth armor under.

"If you fellows don't mind I will take the number 2 seat on the boat and run sensors so I can get familiar with your model's preflight and controls. Khaek can fly there I'll fly back once we are done since you are all used to working together. I'd say it would be best to avoid notice of the Fire Landers and over shoot the site beyond the horizon of the habitations and come in from the back side NOE. Once I've grabbed my gear I will gladly plot such a drop."

OOC I would think I need a pilot roll but unfamiliar with roll system can you help me out?

Taki117

Post by Taki117 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:19 pm

Khaek slides into the pilot seat and begins his pre-flight checks and checks his pistol. "Fast way is with a sub-orbital hop, let's hope that base is as abandoned as every says it is. otherwise this is gonna get bumpy." he says as his fingers fly over the console. After his checks are complete he firs up the engines and, once everyone is on board, lifts off from the surface.

Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+1, 1 per line.
Comment: Pilot Check

Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:29 pm

ulysses1174 wrote:
OOC I would think I need a pilot roll but unfamiliar with roll system can you help me out?
Skills and Tasks are covered in the SRD: http://www.travellersrd.com/content/off ... tasks.html

This would be "Average" in my thinking, as the weather can be kind of rough, but Khaek succeeded easily. Nowhar, can also do a sensors task roll, same roller as we used in character generation, the print results. If confused by my rolling for the Doc, that is by scottg's request.

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:42 pm

The maneuver being a success, the crew can see how rough the terrain is around the base:

Coming in NOE, from the east side of the map, it appears that the Zhodani had sheared off the top of a mountain, in which to set their planetary survey base.

edit: oops, the lower mound two, should be mound one.

Taki117

Post by Taki117 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:01 pm

Khaek circles the base once. "Where do you want me to put her down?" he asks, not wanting to set down on the landing pad since that would be the obvious choice.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

Eshu

Post by Eshu » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:46 pm

Ranse will load out with his cloth, heavy pistol with a couple clips of standard ammo, and ACR with a couple of clips of AP and a couple of clips of standard ammo (hmm, on inspection is AP a thing?) so he can switch out based on whether they encounter armored base defense turrets or wildlife.

During the fly-over, Ranse surveys the area for a potentially good (or bad) landing site.

ooc: Summary: Recon for a LZ

--------------------------------------------------
Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+2, 1 per line.
Comment: +2 recon skill