320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5694
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by dragoner » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:32 pm

Taki117 wrote:
Eshu wrote:ooc, do we have tacnet, or other information that Nowhar's being threatened?
((Not that I'm aware of, unless he shouts over the comm, or shows up inside we have no idea what's going on outside.))
Exactly this.

ulysses1174
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by ulysses1174 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Nowhar looks up at the wooting pack and has a real life "Oh shit!" moment. In fact that's exactly what you all hear over the comms before he grabs up his Gauss rifle on full auto to try and turn the closest of the pack away. If there are any rocks in front of them I will aim at them to spray debris at the pack if not at the pack itself.

OOC: And by the looks of things I either choked myself to death with my rifle sling or blew off my foot!
Summary: Gauss rifle fire

--------------------------------------------------
Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+3, 1 per line.
Comment:

5

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5694
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by dragoner » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:58 am

OoC: I don't have an equipment list for Nowhar.

The shot goes wild (one burst used from magazine), and at that the creatures break into a run towards Nowhar, in the lead, three, with another bunch clambering their way out of the crevasse. The lead one snarls, and the others make a hurk-snarling sound in reply, almost like a laugh. They will be on Nowhar in 5 rounds, as they are about 100m distant (they are about 3x fast as a human):

Killer, swarm attack, +4 on initiative - first three:

Roll One
Generating 3 rolls of 2d6+4, 1 per line.
Comment: Killer Initiative

13
10
10

User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by Taki117 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:14 am

Khaek pushes himself up and sprints towards the doors. "Nowar, if you're tied off jump over the ledge, hopefully their not that stupid. Dax, cover our ass, if those other two come at us make 'em cheese. Doc, get ready to put your skills to work. Ranse, you're with me, if Nowar's injured I'm gonna need some help dragging his ass inside." Khaek holsters his pistol in a smooth motion as he continues towards the door. "Nowar, how many of them are there?" he asks, hearing the full auto burst.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5694
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by dragoner » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Dax nods to Khaek, taking aim at the area beyond the top of the stairs.

User avatar
Eshu
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:08 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by Eshu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:25 pm

Ranse mutters, "Great, sucker played by a bunch of ice planet dingoes" as he steps through the door and readies the ACR (loaded with standard). He's going to use this action to draw bead on the lead critter.

scottg
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 am
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by scottg » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:51 pm

While Doc waits for someone in the group to leak onto the ground, he keeps an eye on the area behind, just in case we have a problem on two sides.

ulysses1174
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by ulysses1174 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Nowhar his speech rushed and certainly not using his inside voice activates comms as he slings his rifle "Pack of animals attacking retreating to you. Be ready to provide cover fire. Over."

OOC Need any rolls? Equipment carried Gauss Rifle, 4 spare mags, Silenced auto pistol w laser, 2 spare mags, googles low light, 10x mag and infra-red, cutlass, Environment suit, armor, pocket comp w wireless earbud/mic.

User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by Taki117 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:43 pm

Khaek winces but doesn't break stride as Nowhar nearly blows out his ear drum. "Ranse is in position to provide cover to you, Dax is covering our ass and Doc is standing by to patch you up. I'm moving to provide secondary cover." Suddenly Khaek get's an idea, though it's extremely dangerous. "DAx, how accurate are the guns on the Bull? Danger close." He says as he reaches the doors and propels himself outside to take stock of the situation, his vision shifting from thermal to visible light.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5694
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by dragoner » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:35 am

"The Bull is thousands of klicks away." Dax answers Khaek. "Snit! Here they come!" As the one rounds the corner and three more jump the railing.

Dax's initiative is an automatic 12 because he was prepared at the corner, +2 for his dex bonus for a total of 14.

The creatures:

Roll One
Generating 4 rolls of 2d6+4, 1 per line.
Comment: Creatures initiative

7
8
9
9

Dax fires full-auto into the group:

Roll One
Generating 6 rolls of 1d6, 1 per line.
Comment: +3 for skill 1, + dex bonus

3
5
5
2
1
3

Grouped: 1+5+3=9; 3+3+3=9; 2+5+3=10. He uses 18 rounds from the 100 round magazine on his Lt. ACR; the creatures are at short range, moving to close.

Damage:

Roll One
Generating 3 rolls of 3d6, 1 per line.
Comment: damage

16
13
5

Which becomes 19, 16, & 9 when effect is added; -3 on initiative next turn for Dax due to autofire.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5694
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by dragoner » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:46 am

Situation map:

Image

The first two, C1 & C2, are hit bad and bleeding, but still coming on strong, C3 is hit, and C4 is unhurt. Next turn Dax is going to run as they close on him (you can see him beginning to turn).

Morales, Ranse, and Khaek are in the hall beyond the doors, they can hear Nowhar fire a burst from his Gauss Rifle, the steam obscures the crevasse, and Nowhar is out of sight above.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest