320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5656
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by dragoner » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:07 pm

OoC: Too dark? :lol:

The beast facing Khaek, rears up and charges him like a ram, it's armored head looking well suited to the task. While Doc faces a totally different situation, where the creature, up close and personal, raises one wicked talon in a stabbing blow.

scottg
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 am
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by scottg » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:29 pm

If Doc's skill in sprinting would help, he would like to evade and RUN away. Fast.

User avatar
Eshu
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:08 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by Eshu » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

ooc Nah, this is Traveller...the only system I know of where you can die in char gen, which means that death is always lurking around the next corner even if you do survive. :) Just waiting to un-split the party, didn't want to spam with more "aims menacingly at the wall of rocks overhead".

User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by Taki117 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:25 am

((I've been waiting for Nowar and Morales to post, specifically since I called for Morales inside with his big guns. Also, is Dax dead?, like Dead dead?))

Khaek, seeing the charge, sidesteps the charge, dodging out of the way of the incoming mass of flesh and bone and fires another burst at the back of the creatures head, hopefully hitting soft skin, instead of inches thick bone. He doesn't have time to think about Doc, Dax, or any of the others anymore, focusing instead on his own predicament, though Morales firepower would be nice.

Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+2, 1 per line.
Comment: ATK: Burst Fire

7

--------------------------------------------------
Roll Two
Generating 1 rolls of 3d6+4, 1 per line.
Comment: DMG

15
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

ulysses1174
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by ulysses1174 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:25 pm

Nowhar thinking furiously as he rappels down comes up with and Idea and starts sprinting toward the firefight pulling out his pocket comp on the way.

OOC Sorry If I missed some indication that I was down. I was waiting to be informed I had reached the bottom.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5656
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by dragoner » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:48 pm

Zho Survey Base p5.jpg
Zho Survey Base p5.jpg (97.65 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
Ini.

Doc 9
Khaek 6
C3 9
C4 9

Doc, quickly scrambles around the corner as the creatures talon stabs the vitrified stone of the floor; Khaek, fires a wild burst (12 rounds fired) as he dodges out of the way of the charging creature that slams into the wall, with no effect to it's blind battering ram shaped head. Nowhar makes it down to the hall where Ranse and Morales are just in time to feel the creature slam into the wall beyond the doorway. This seems to startle Morales into action, and he pulls a chainsaw "sword" from a scabbard on his back.

"What the frell was that?"

scottg
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 am
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by scottg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:28 am

Doc will practice becoming invisible, intangible and inedible. In other words he will be hiding and at least trying to be sure that no more of those creatures are on their way.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5656
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by dragoner » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Doc, around the corner, back up against the wall, slowly sees Dax's corpse being dragged away.

scottg
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 am
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by scottg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:06 pm

Doc, instantly regretting his decision, raises his Snub pistol, takes a breath and holds it, then aims and empties however many shots into the creature he can get off before it comes after him and kills him also. Dax was a friend, not a snack.

User avatar
Eshu
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:08 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by Eshu » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:26 pm

ooc: We no-clipped into the wall? This is going to be tricky...

Ranse starts at the sudden noise of it slamming into the wall, not realizing how close the beast was. He opens fire with a burst as soon as he has a clear shot.

Summary: Burst on C4
--------------------------------------------------
Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+2, 1 per line.
Comment: +2 slug skill
13
--------------------------------------------------
Roll Two
Generating 1 rolls of 3d6+6, 1 per line.
Comment: damage, if it hits.
15

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5656
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 320/1323 The Frozen Tomb

Post by dragoner » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:12 am

Through the gap in the door, Ranse shots the beast, it shudders and falls back over, still breathing, but not moving. Doc, coming back around the corner, shots the one dragging Dax's body away:

Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+2, 1 per line.
Comment: Doc's to hit.

11

--------------------------------------------------
Roll Two
Generating 1 rolls of 3d6-2, 1 per line.
Comment: damage

10 plus 3 for effect.

A solid hit, where it lets go of Dax and turns to flee, beginning to move quickly around the opposite corner, in the direction it came from.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest