43/1324 Out of Space

Post Reply
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

43/1324 Out of Space

Post by dragoner » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Image
Eshu wrote:Ranse remains silent, not having much to add. After helping build the cairn and returning to the ship he muses, "I wonder if this alien ship is just some bizarre Scout hazing ritual. Slip some aerosol hallucinogen into the reclaimers, set up an emergency antidote in case it goes wrong, and sit back to see what the newbie does...pretty sick, but with the amount of time they spend out here alone." He shrugs, "Either way. Let's go see what's out there."
While approach the gas giant Vilca I Beta (the middle of the three inner gas giants), Dax, listening to Ranse, muses, "We are out on the edge of nowhere, we have no real maps of what is trailing of Cheap Seats, sort of why this sector is called that, I mean, people have gone out there, but we don't know what is out there. While it could be some trap, it could be an outsider ship." He pauses and smiles, " ... or the hallucination of the Scouts, though I'll bet they did a pass and went back to the planet and recruited a team to go check it out, SOP."

He pulls up a map on the holo-screen, "Here's the planet map from our astrogation charts":

Vilca I Beta See H633000-9 Re

Image

"It's got a spaceport, but the whole place is probably abandoned, curious as to why the alien ship appeared here."

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by dragoner » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Note: Alien ship is in orbit around the planet, not at the base.

User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by Taki117 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:06 pm

Khaek remained wordless during the burial. Once completed he hangs back a moment to kneel next to the grave site. He whispers a single word, barely audible on the comms. The others would hear a word from a long dead language, many of them may not even understand it then, but it is a word of friendship, dedication, remembrance, and most of all loyalty. "Ohana" he breathes before returning to the ship, where he remains silent as he awaits orders.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by dragoner » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:14 pm

Dax nods in agreement with Khaek's sentiment, feeling as the Raider Fleet are war orphans, components of many of the other world's militaries that are gone, and those members that will fight on, if for nothing more than their sense of stubbornness. Somebody should care.

Dax gives the order to check out the alien ship, and midpoint in the journey, as if right on cue, the scout radios for assistance, the voice seems more distant, talking of wounded and trapped members of her team, the message beginning to waver, as the scout's words seem to make little sense: "Oh the blood ..." as she trails off.

User avatar
Eshu
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:08 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by Eshu » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:03 pm

Ranse stares forward for a moment at the scout's babbling before responding, "Remiliod, this is the Bull. We are inbound to assist but it's a long walk. Hang in there. Can you provide any intel on the bogey?"

scottg
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 am
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by scottg » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Doc thinks to himself, that didn't take long! He then will go and check out his med bag, snub pistol and pet grenade. He will also be thankful that the ideas the rest of the crew had were completed at the last stop. As we get closer, Doc will get on the computer and start filtering the sensor data that is being gathered. He will try to make sense of the readings and be checking for "the unknown".

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by dragoner » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:17 am

Eshu wrote:Ranse stares forward for a moment at the scout's babbling before responding, "Remiliod, this is the Bull. We are inbound to assist but it's a long walk. Hang in there. Can you provide any intel on the bogey?"
After a time delay, the scout comes back, "It's a ship of ... of ... horrors ... experiments ... or ... something, an alien AI fighting a machine virus, the giant reptile and eye thing, and the children ... must. save. them." She sounds delirious, trailing off again.
scottg wrote:Doc thinks to himself, that didn't take long! He then will go and check out his med bag, snub pistol and pet grenade. He will also be thankful that the ideas the rest of the crew had were completed at the last stop. As we get closer, Doc will get on the computer and start filtering the sensor data that is being gathered. He will try to make sense of the readings and be checking for "the unknown".
When Rhaa or Nowhar bring in readings, Doc can roll for effect.

In time, the Bull draws closer and closer.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by dragoner » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Hearing the bit about children in the message, Alys rolls her eyes, "Now that doesn't sound like a trap at all."
"If it is, it's a pretty good one, because if we don't go to help, and there are, then we look heartless." Dax, putting his chin down in his hand, thinking.

User avatar
Eshu
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:08 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by Eshu » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:20 pm

Ranse stifles a snort, "Not really relevant, we're already jumping into the frying pan. Maybe she's hit her limit already and is having a psychotic episode, reliving some event? Of late, there is no shortage of horrors in this quadrant." Ranse rides on for a bit in silence, then looks toward the command chairs, "Being the big damn heroes comes with a cost and the easy scars are physical. Time to put on our tarnished armor and sally forth once more, eh?"

User avatar
eric999
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by eric999 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:52 am

As The Bull closes in, Midian attempts to bring in more information to clarify the situation for the crew. If what Alys says is true, and he has no reason to doubt it could be a trap, Midian wants to be sure they are amply armed with both weapons and the data with which to optimally employ them.

"Scanning the ship, as well as the surrounds. Will report as data becomes awailable..."

Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+2, 1 per line.
Comment: scan ship
7
--------------------------------------------------
Roll Two
Generating 1 rolls of 2D6+2, 1 per line.
Comment: scanning surrounding area
10
--------------------------------------------------
Eric, AKA
Rhaa Midian

ulysses1174
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by ulysses1174 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:46 pm

Again wondering if he should have found a nice native woman on the Iceball he meet these guys on as he attempts to assist Rhaa in getting a clearer sensor picture.

Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+2, 1 per line.
Comment: Sensor assist

11

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest