43/1324 Out of Space

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5506
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by dragoner » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:14 pm

scottg wrote:Doc will use Med/Bio/Xenology if it will help along with his Investigate skills. Not rushing for results.
How will he use Med/Bio/Xenology, what are you trying to do?

User avatar
eric999
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by eric999 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:36 pm

Rhaa Midian uses the Sensor suite to assess what might have happened external to the ship before all of this happened. Following this, he will attempt to find anything recorded onboard, searching for flight recorders, and looking for anything such as energy spikes, hatches being opened forcefully or otherwise, as well as attempting to match any life sign monitors with the bodies and locations found thus far. If anything looks like it differs from what is found (in terms of numbers of persons and/or biology), it might indicate who or what the intruders (if any) could be.

"Let us not rule out foul play among the crew, but perhaps it was a Zho boarding party. I haff heard they can sometimes just materialize in the midst of a ship. Checking sensors, both external and internal. Will report if anything is noted..."

--------------------------------------------------
Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+2, 1 per line.
Comment: Sensors -- external

10

--------------------------------------------------
Roll Two
Generating 1 rolls of 2D6+2, 1 per line.
Comment: Sensors -- internal

12
Eric, AKA
Rhaa Midian

scottg
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 am
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by scottg » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Doc will be looking for bloody foot prints, hand/claw prints, checking the blood samples to see if they are human or other. He will be using Investigate to see if there are any hairs, fibers, etc... He will be trying to gather data to see if there are any clues to see who or what did this.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5506
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by dragoner » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:33 pm

eric999 wrote:Rhaa Midian uses the Sensor suite to assess what might have happened external to the ship before all of this happened. Following this, he will attempt to find anything recorded onboard, searching for flight recorders, and looking for anything such as energy spikes, hatches being opened forcefully or otherwise, as well as attempting to match any life sign monitors with the bodies and locations found thus far. If anything looks like it differs from what is found (in terms of numbers of persons and/or biology), it might indicate who or what the intruders (if any) could be.

"Let us not rule out foul play among the crew, but perhaps it was a Zho boarding party. I haff heard they can sometimes just materialize in the midst of a ship. Checking sensors, both external and internal. Will report if anything is noted..."
Opening the Scout's sensor suite is no problem, almost as if a second nature, it's sweet and works well. Rhaa finds a recording of suit monitors, as the most interesting thing, the rest of the data mostly mirrors what he has already seen from the Bull's external data. Internally, systems check out normal, and a vid of the most recent situation, shows who must be the dead scout, staggering back in, holding her side, so whatever happened, happening in the alien ship.

The suit monitors, due to what must be jamming, are rather garbled, with the video static filled. He sees there were four individuals, plus the Scout, they are Jerri Sigurdun, the Scout; Three Marines from Fredrich: Sergeant Thornbeck, Corporal Presciu, Lance Corporal Marslaf, with a Type M humaniform robot, and lastly, a salvage team operator named Patrick Mastrobuono. The video's and dialog start with them trying to guess the nature of the alien hulk, most probably to secure or contain scientific anomalies, also probably why they were drawn to the base on the planet below, which is restricted access to what they were researching. Fast forwarding to the end, it's obvious there has developed a situation, fighting with something, or things; you see the "babies" are immature Droyne, or maybe Chirpers that the Scout was trying to protect when she was injured.

Strange scenes from inside the alien research ship, where it had human, guild droyne (bigger wingless droyne) and regular droyne crew:
Image

One of the Marines, Corporal Presciu:
Image

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5506
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by dragoner » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:42 pm

scottg wrote:Doc will be looking for bloody foot prints, hand/claw prints, checking the blood samples to see if they are human or other. He will be using Investigate to see if there are any hairs, fibers, etc... He will be trying to gather data to see if there are any clues to see who or what did this.
Doc can't find anything on the scout ship that looks like it could have done it, though when Rhaa pulls up the suit cam vids, there then are a huge amount of possibilities of what could have done it:

An alien machine virus maybe:
Image

Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+3, 1 per line.
Comment: Doc computer plus intelligence bonus

10

User avatar
eric999
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by eric999 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:56 pm

"Mother-hump! Would you look at that thing...", gasped Midian as he passed the view to the others.
Eric, AKA
Rhaa Midian

ulysses1174
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by ulysses1174 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:34 am

"We need bigger guns!" Nowhar says as letting out a whistle. "Is there any data they recovered from all this deadly stomping around they did?"

User avatar
Eshu
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:08 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by Eshu » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:09 pm

Ranse turns back from watching the hallway leading to the bridge, "That's...disturbing. Some kind of gene-hacked Droyne? Alien? Doc...? Is there confirmation on the rest of the team's status - KIA or just missing?"

OOC, sorry wiped my computer and have been piecing it back together. Ranse is going to be making sure the group isn't surprised, although it seems like these bugs aren't interested in the alien junk that attached itself. (Yet.)

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5506
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by dragoner » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:54 am

ulysses1174 wrote:"We need bigger guns!" Nowhar says as letting out a whistle. "Is there any data they recovered from all this deadly stomping around they did?"
Eshu wrote:Ranse turns back from watching the hallway leading to the bridge, "That's...disturbing. Some kind of gene-hacked Droyne? Alien? Doc...? Is there confirmation on the rest of the team's status - KIA or just missing?"
OoC: Depending on what data you guys want, tell me what you want to do and roll the dice ...

BiC: Most of what there is, is from the Scout Sigurdun's suit cam and logs she made. Seems the conflict on the ship is between something that has invaded the ship and the ship's AI and what is left of the crew. Piecing together the scouts log into a timeline, after they entered, led by Thornbeck, something went wrong with their sojer bot, then shortly afterwards they were attacked, and lost someone she called "Snake", probably the salvage operator Mastrobuono. Later, drawn to the sounds of battle, they found remnants of the crew defending what looked to be a crèche for some young, or maybe a lab experimenting on them. Getting attacked again, they were separated from Corporal Presciu, and Marslaf killed, the Scout and Sgt Thornbeck both injured; Thornbeck helped the Scout away from the battle and about halfway to the Scout ship before going back to see if he could rescue the others.
OOC, sorry wiped my computer and have been piecing it back together. Ranse is going to be making sure the group isn't surprised, although it seems like these bugs aren't interested in the alien junk that attached itself. (Yet.)
Wiped your computer? Hope everything is ok.

User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by Taki117 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Khaek lets out a low whistle over the comm as she looks through the data being filtered into the Calf. "Be careful out there guys, Engines are hot." he says over the comm, checking engine and weapon status.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

User avatar
Eshu
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:08 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: 43/1324 Out of Space

Post by Eshu » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:50 am

OOC, when you say "something that has invaded the ship and the ship's AI and what is left of the crew", you mean a two-way fight of invader vs AI+crew, or it's gone totally pear and everyone is fighting each other?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest