62/1324 Tea Time

Bindoner

Re: 62/1324 Tea Time

Post by Bindoner » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:28 pm

Luurani is intrigued by the Ghost. Perhaps it's a reference to the frigate out there behind the moon. Some information on that would be useful too. This doesn't look like the place to run alongside ex-crewmates, but you never know - pirate life can lead a body to strange places, and here we are. While Rhaa and Khaek deal with the tea Luurani works the room.
Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+2, 1 per line.
Comment: Streetwise - Ghost/Faces

Quietly, through suit comdot, to Kheak: "You want me to go get a sample? Won't take long, Calf's ready to go."
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Jr Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Gauss Rifle 1, Liaison 2, Recon 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:05 pm

Bindoner wrote:Luurani is intrigued by the Ghost. Perhaps it's a reference to the frigate out there behind the moon. Some information on that would be useful too. This doesn't look like the place to run alongside ex-crewmates, but you never know - pirate life can lead a body to strange places, and here we are. While Rhaa and Khaek deal with the tea Luurani works the room.
Luurani knows what every spacer knows: ghosts are real, sensor ghosts that is. The bartender is probably talking about the frigate, which she also might figure, if it's out hunting pirates, it might or might not be a pirate. Out here on the edge of the unknown, where looking out at the vast star field that fills a view-screen, nobody knows what's out there in a million unexplored systems, it could be anything or anybody.

Looking through the patrons around the place, many look distracted, most look local, base residents; some faces of the spacers look familiar, but nobody she can put a name to. None likely that she has flown or shipped out with, however, the place is dark, backs turned, and some sit furtively in booths or at corner tables.

Taki117

Post by Taki117 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:50 pm

Khaek keys his own comm, keeping his voice low. "Be quick. I don't want to be stuck here if things go south." He utters, barely above a whisper before turning his attention back to Rhaa and the spacer.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:52 pm

Luurani finishes her drink and slips from the bar as unobtrusively as possible. Once in the corridor she strides quickly to the Calf and flies back to the Bull, happy for an excuse to fly even on this short jaunt. Using a secure channel Luurani asks Alys to have a sample of the tea ready so she can make a quick turn-around. Flying rapidly Luurani hurries back to the bar, slowing to re-enter at a casual walk. As she arrives she uses the crew comdot to report:

"Enough for a taste test, Boss"
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Jr Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Gauss Rifle 1, Liaison 2, Recon 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

eric999

Post by eric999 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:38 pm

The one guy scratches the five o'clock shadow on his cheek thinking, "I'll go 50 grand, I have to make money on it too. Do you have it on you? Can I have a cup?

"We are arranging for a sample at once, but 50 G is a little slim. I was thinking closer to 75. If you are not truly interested, it is fine. If you are indeed serious, I shall like to see your money, in good faith of the sample we bring for you", Rhaa requested in a polite, yet firm voice.
Eric, AKA
Rhaa Midian

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:23 pm

"You mean snap my fingers and have seventy-five grand brought to me?" He laughs. "Then you don't have the tea and just rob me right?" Then getting more serious, "Trust is for fools, lets have a cuppa, then we can see the cash at my ship while one of your mates brings the goods. I'll go as high as sixty-five, it's all I can do."

Luurani finds the Calf to fly well, it has beefy engines for being so small, getting to the Bull, Alys has broken down one of the packages and removed enough to make a pot of tea, returning, she finds the men talking to Rhaa have finished their pool game, and seem to be getting down to business.

eric999

Post by eric999 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:48 pm

"I am no thief, and I am no fool. I am an entrepreneur, and I have product to move and profit to made. That is all."

He keys up his comm. "Rhaa to Luurani -- we are ready for some tea..."

Then to one of the staff of the establishment. "May I trouble you for a pot of hot water, a tea strainer, and two mugs, please?" He offers the person Cr 20, "for your trouble".
Eric, AKA
Rhaa Midian

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:20 pm