77/1324 Bomb Trax

Post Reply
User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

77/1324 Bomb Trax

Post by dragoner » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:46 am

Iavadloz City:
Image

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Bomb Trax

Post by dragoner » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:55 am

Subcommander Bob wrote: After working for a while, he looks at Alys. Unsure if he can trust her, and knowing her only a little better than the rest of the crew, he writes a short note on one of the little scraps of packaging and shows it to his XO out of sight of the cameras.

"We should speak somewhere safe. Do not trust the computer. Hope I can trust you." He wipes it clean after she has seen it.
She glances at the note, and raises an eyebrow, "Trust ee's for fools, no? Where is safe to meet? Problem with inside jobs is that we are trapped inside too." She replies in her accented Galang, not seeming to divert too much attention to the note.
Subcommander Bob wrote: On the little plastic slip he writes "Trust Khaek? I want to."

OoC: Things at this point have only been forwarded to his hand comp. No data from the ship has actually been forwarded to the datastore off ship as of yet. Things have only been set up to do so pending permission from Alys and/or Khaek.
She nods, "I do."

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Bomb Trax

Post by dragoner » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:58 am

Taki117 wrote:Khaek's eyes narrow as his own hand instinctively reaches for his pistol. "Don't try it. I'm just here trying to figure out what the hell happened to my boat. You don't know, fine, but you come anywhere near the Bull again I'll kill you." He practically growls before stepping out of earshot.
Grey shrugs at Khaek's statement, but keeps an eye on Rhaa and Luurani.

OoC: If you are done here, you can head back to the Bull.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Bomb Trax

Post by dragoner » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:12 am

scottg wrote:Doc will run a complete diagnostic on the Butler bots systems as well as Easy bots. While that is running he will see if he can adapt/expand the anti-hijack program to work in the bots for some form of sentry duty. He will also try to tie the program into an alarm system so that it goes directly to anyone with a neural communicator the moment the video or locking systems are tampered with. He will ask Khaek what level of sensitivity is wanted knowing that there will be bugs and a lot of false alarms until we can fine tune the system. He will also try to find a way to track the movements of the vrew up to a 10 or 20 mile radius from the ship, just in case this escalates into a kidnapping/hostage situation.
The crew can be tracked from locators on their comms, on an inertial map the ship's computer generates from sensors, before landing. Doc, having been the main computer operator, will be the most likely link to the alarm system he has setup. Easy, with a link to the ship, all ready has a sort of anti-hijack mode, the other, the Butler 'bot, will need to be configured (which Doc can easily do/does).

Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+3, 1 per line.
Comment: Doc computer plus intelligence bonus

13

User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Bomb Trax

Post by Taki117 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:37 pm

Khaek motions to Rhaa and Luurani. "As much as I don't like him we're done here. Rhaa, i have an...unusual request. I want you to see what you can find out about the Bull. I'm not talking tech specs, i mean from the people. See if she's mad enemies that I don't know about." He says before turning to head back to the Bull.

"I'm am idiot." He says to himself as he steps through the airlock. Making his way straight to engineering he takes a breath as hebapuses at the door. "Bex, record my comms." He says before stepping through the door . Immediately he begins describing what he sees, his vision shifting through the EM spectrum as he moves through the space.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

User avatar
Subcommander Bob
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:02 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Bomb Trax

Post by Subcommander Bob » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:02 pm

dragoner wrote:She glances at the note, and raises an eyebrow, "Trust ee's for fools, no? Where is safe to meet? Problem with inside jobs is that we are trapped inside too." She replies in her accented Galang, not seeming to divert too much attention to the note.
Bex thinks for a moment. For lack of a better idea, he simply shrugs and nods out the viewport towards startown.
dragoner wrote:She nods, "I do."
He nods in reply, with on look on his face that reads "That will have to do."

User avatar
Subcommander Bob
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:02 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Bomb Trax

Post by Subcommander Bob » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:09 pm

Taki117 wrote:"Bex, record my comms." He says before stepping through the door . Immediately he begins describing what he sees, his vision shifting through the EM spectrum as he moves through the space.
"Aye, cap. Recording now."

User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Bomb Trax

Post by Bindoner » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:56 pm

As Khaek and Rhaa head back to the Bull Luurani looks for a bar or cafe with a view of the building they just left and finds a place to keep watch. Bringing out her personal Comm she runs the scanner on the off chance of hitting an interesting transmission.

*Flashback: in reply to Rhaa's query - "The singing? Well, the lyrics maybe. But more her going walkabout just before the 'incident'. She often wander off without a word and reappear without explanation?"*

( OOC: beginning of busy 6 weeks. Brief posts as and when time allows.)
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

User avatar
eric999
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Bomb Trax

Post by eric999 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:09 pm

Rhaa Midian replies to Khaek. "Aye Kapitan. I shall begin at once."

Midian starts by researching the data sources and news feeds using his comm unit. He's looking for mentions of The Bull In The Heather, references such as when and where she made port, perhaps any bounties or warrants, and the like.
Carousing:
Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6, 1 per line.
Comment:

6

Next, Midian asks around the bar, in the community, and in the Starport. What is the reputation of The Bull In The Heather/ Has anyone heard of her? What do they know of her actions and dealings? Might she have made any enemies? He is looking for some of the typical "fixer" types that he once was a part of in this arm of the sector, not necessarily the lowlifes, but rather the people who have eyes, and brains, and remember things...

Streetwise:
Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+3, 1 per line.
Comment: Streetwise -- people in the bar

8

--------------------------------------------------
Roll Two
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+3, 1 per line.
Comment: Streetwise -- people on the street

14

--------------------------------------------------
Roll Three
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+3, 1 per line.
Comment: Streetwise -- people in the Starport

9
============
Eric, AKA
Rhaa Midian

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Bomb Trax

Post by dragoner » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:30 am

Taki117 wrote:"I'm am idiot." He says to himself as he steps through the airlock. Making his way straight to engineering he takes a breath as hebapuses at the door. "Bex, record my comms." He says before stepping through the door . Immediately he begins describing what he sees, his vision shifting through the EM spectrum as he moves through the space.
One thing he can see right away is that whoever did it, had some knowledge of explosives placement, and some knowledge of controls (electronics) as well. The reactor torus isn't showing signs of damage, just the normal wear of increasing radioactivity before needing to be replaced years down the road. So it is probably safe to assume they weren't looking to kill everyone on the ship.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5510
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Bomb Trax

Post by dragoner » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:31 am

Subcommander Bob wrote:
dragoner wrote:She glances at the note, and raises an eyebrow, "Trust ee's for fools, no? Where is safe to meet? Problem with inside jobs is that we are trapped inside too." She replies in her accented Galang, not seeming to divert too much attention to the note.
Bex thinks for a moment. For lack of a better idea, he simply shrugs and nods out the viewport towards startown.
dragoner wrote:She nods, "I do."
He nods in reply, with on look on his face that reads "That will have to do."
"We can go for a walk if you would like." Answering his nod.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest