77/1324 Bomb Trax

dragoner

Re: 77/1324 Bomb Trax

Post by dragoner » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:10 am

Subcommander Bob wrote:Bex fiddles with the comms, trying to filter noise and isolate signals.
Bex can definitely tell it's old style Zho robot chatter, and pinpoint it northwest of the base. There is also a little buzz from the base as they notice the Calf approaching.
Taki117 wrote:Khaek points to the map. "See if you can't set us down behind that ridge between those lakes. Looks like decent cover and clear exfil if things go south."
Once down, before exiting ship, Alys will text Khaek:
Captain, Oplan?
Crew getting demoralized.
Bex asked about Star Killer, mean anything to you?
LtJG Warick

Taki117

Post by Taki117 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:02 pm

Khaek replies via text.

Starkiller not familiar. Need engine before mission continue. Next step unknown.

He then steps out of the Calf. "Alright. We need an engine and hopefully one of these hunks has one. Then we hit the base. Luurani, Rhaa, keep the Calf ready to cover us if things get hot." He commands before climbing to peer over the top of the ridge.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

eric999

Post by eric999 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:50 pm

"Um, Kapitan..."

It sounds as if the Aslan is clearing his throat when he addresses Khaek. During the pause, Rhaa readies the door-mounted Gauss MG on the Calf as ordered. He sets it for full-auto mode, and checks the electronic sights.

He has seen this before. He thinks of Ranse, and Nowhar. This lackadaisical attitude, and the actions which result, tends to get people dead. He has had it. He finishes his comment.

"Since we are all about to risk life and limb, and since this is a ground operation, and since you haffn't explained just what the fark we are really about to do, and who the fark I should shoot, and under what conditions, and since you are a farking Swabbie, and I'm a g'damm Gy-rene, do you perhaps think, maybe, you should perhaps giff us some more information and get some more input from people who are trained and experienced in ground operations and make an actually mother-humpin' plan? G'dammit, Khaek, you just might want to come up with a better-ass plan than just "wait at the boat and cuffer us." I'm all for poppin' off rounds when I need to, but who are the 36 people we detected in the base? Am we just hosing them and burnin' the ville for fun? Are we scrounging an engine or hitting the base? Or both? That sounds like two different G'damm things..."

Rhaa Midian shakes his head in the negative, waits for a moment, then adds,

"Sir..."
Eric, AKA
Rhaa Midian

scottg

Post by scottg » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:17 pm

Doc will try to identify the ships that could be donors and see if the computer can give us an idea which one would be the best to start with. Based on size, age, TL, etc...

Taki117

Post by Taki117 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:04 pm

Khaek breathes a sigh of defeat and nods. "You're right Rhaa. You've got more experience in this than I do. I didn't want to tell you anything because I'm afraid we've got a mole. WE're here looking for an engine, and if whatever is in that base is Hostile we're taking it out. Something wants us disabled, if nothing else. Now, not to point fingers, but Doc's the only one of us that's been away for any significant period of time, I'm not ruling out either of the two new crew members, or that damned butler bot either, but until I know more nothing leaves this crew." He takes a moment to heave another sigh. "Dax left something in his logs, a clue to something that would be invaluable. Our missions changed, we're no longer on a seek and destroy, we're on the hunt for a new type of jump drive. Something that, from my understanding, would let us jump across an entire sector nearly instantly, but first, we need to get airborne and I don't feel like waiting for a new engine from command." he finishes, giving each of them a once over.
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

Subcommander Bob

Post by Subcommander Bob » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:14 am

Bex will continue to monitor local chatter for anything important.

OoC: Do we have portable comms capable of the task?

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:21 am

"Let's not forget the 'Bots. Ought to plan for them. Analyse the signals, perhaps we can locate them or the control. Maybe even jam them."
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Jr Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Gauss Rifle 1, Liaison 2, Recon 1, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

Subcommander Bob

Post by Subcommander Bob » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:03 am

"I am not the Bull's edub officer for nothing, menina" says Bex with a wink and a smile.

eric999

Post by eric999 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:14 am

Rhaa, having voiced his many concerns, attempts to keep the group working toward solutions.

"And I'm no engineer, but what part of the drifes are we looking to scrounge? Power Plant? Maneuffer? Jump Drifes? How big and heffy are they? Will they fit in the Calf, and if not, how are we getting them back to the Bull? Remember, engines are not tiny, and the Calf is only a 30 ton craft, with maybe 10-15 tons of cargo space, max..."
Eric, AKA
Rhaa Midian

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:56 am

OoC: Not more than a few tons most likely, power plant controls (electronics).
Subcommander Bob wrote:OoC: Do we have portable comms capable of the task?
OoC: There are five in the list of equipment: TL12 (Computer/0), wgt 1 kg, range Continental (5,000km), price Cr.1,000.
scottg wrote:Doc will try to identify the ships that could be donors and see if the computer can give us an idea which one would be the best to start with. Based on size, age, TL, etc...
There is quite a field of destroyed spacecraft, the components can be salvaged from multiple spacecraft.
wrecked spacecraft on zeta ay.jpg
wrecked spacecraft on zeta ay.jpg (68.13 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
Looking at the field of wreckage, Alys says, "I'm so sick of war."

eric999

Post by eric999 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:21 am

"Wery well, then," remarked Midian. "So what do we truly know about the 36 people at the base? I am not shooting innocents, nor ciwilians, nor children. We should do a recon before stepping into things too deeply. If they are enemy troops, that is another thing entirely. And if that is so, we should set up some precautionary measures should they not think faworably of our wisiting their scrapyard."
Eric, AKA
Rhaa Midian