77/1324 Gunning It

Post Reply
scottg
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 am
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Gunning It

Post by scottg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:45 pm

Doc muses to himself, yup, I would have liked to see the surprised looks on the faces. Oh well, back to parts gathering. Doc will get the parts that are needed and then see if there is anything else we might need to stock. He will check the computers for useful programs and parts and will see if the Zuccahi crystals in the jump drive are salvageable.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5378
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Gunning It

Post by dragoner » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:56 pm

Bindoner wrote:"Whoosh! They ran out too soon. Let's see if there are some more."

Luurani swings out of the turret and heads down through the hulk to check the magazine and port-side turret for munitions.

"You might as well get back to work on those parts Doc, I'd guess we've bought a little time."
Two hits on fighter two: a six and a seven, adjusted for the fighter's armor; this amounts to four single hits.

Roll One
Generating 4 rolls of 2d6, 1 per line.
Comment: hit locations

6 - Hull
8 - Hull (Structure) at this point the fighter breaks up mid-air
5 - Fuel
9 - turret

With massive secondaries, the fighter #2 breaks up mid-air, turning into a gleaming bright burst of energy, most likely the anti-matter reacting with the atmosphere creating a cloud of plasma. Heat and radiation wash over the entire area.

Fighter #1 does EW on the remaining missile:

Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6, 1 per line.
Comment: ew - Nope

6

--------------------------------------------------
Roll Two
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6, 1 per line.
Comment: any more missiles? - Nope

6

--------------------------------------------------
Roll Three
Generating 1 rolls of 1d6, 1 per line.
Comment: time for Doc and the rest to hog the power controller out

2


There are no more missiles, just as well because with helping Doc, it'll only be a couple of hours to get the controller out.

OoC: Roll 2d6 for the last missile.

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5378
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Gunning It

Post by dragoner » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:59 pm

scottg wrote:Doc muses to himself, yup, I would have liked to see the surprised looks on the faces. Oh well, back to parts gathering. Doc will get the parts that are needed and then see if there is anything else we might need to stock. He will check the computers for useful programs and parts and will see if the Zuccahi crystals in the jump drive are salvageable.
The whole bridge area has been shot off, including the computer. The jump drives crystals are salvageable, though used, and may have grown a pattern.

scottg
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 am
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Gunning It

Post by scottg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:03 pm

If the crystals aren't too big, he will grab them. Might be useful one day.

User avatar
Subcommander Bob
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:02 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Gunning It

Post by Subcommander Bob » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Bex is musing out loud. "I cannot help but wonder, my friends, where did these fighters come from? And what else can they field?"

User avatar
Bindoner
Posts: 1594
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Gunning It

Post by Bindoner » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:50 pm

"It's a worry. They know we're here, so the Calf may as well be running active sensor sweeps while we work."
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 21,180Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5378
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Gunning It

Post by dragoner » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:43 am

The fighter makes a savage high g turn inside the missile's turn radius and shoots it down before making it's way back beyond the horizon, escaping.

Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+2, 1 per line.
Comment: point defense

10

On the sensors, Alys says a winter storm is coming. The couple of hours pass quickly, no further disturbances, and the controller is loaded on the Calf, time to go ... where?

User avatar
Taki117
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Gunning It

Post by Taki117 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:36 am

Khaek makes his way back into the belly of the Calf, adrenaline pumping through his veins. "Alright, let's get these in the Bull fast as we can." He says as he helps to secure the cargo.

((Could the Bull get airborn ona single engine?))
Male Varger Pirate Corporal Kuerzu 97A99C Age:30

Medical 1, Gun Combat (Rifle) 1, Vehicle (Tracked) 0, Leader 2, Vacc Suit 1, Gunnery 2, Infighting(Brawling) 1

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5378
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Gunning It

Post by dragoner » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Taki117 wrote:((Could the Bull get airborn ona single engine?))
Getting airborne or reaching orbit? It would be on battery power, lifters, and minimal thrust, plus an engineering roll. Reaching or leaving orbit would be harder than just getting airborne. Another 86 minutes back to the Bull, the Calf can zoom (just not so much boom).

User avatar
eric999
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:32 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Gunning It

Post by eric999 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:59 pm

"Then what are we waiting for? Let us load up and get out of here?"

Rhaa will make his way to the sensor station as soon as he is able, and run a passive sweep. The fighter which left might be returning with help, and forewarned is forearmed.

Summary: Sensors, when able

--------------------------------------------------
Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2d6+2, 1 per line.
Comment: passive scanning for additional craft or incoming...

8

[ooc]
How long until he can do this?
Eric, AKA
Rhaa Midian

User avatar
dragoner
Posts: 5378
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm
Contact:

Re: 77/1324 Gunning It

Post by dragoner » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:17 am

eric999 wrote:[ooc]
How long until he can do this?
Now is good.

Rhaa detects a shuttle reaching orbit from the other planet, the fighter, however, is gone. It couldn't have left the area so fast, so it is probably still somewhere on Zeta Ay, the planet you are leaving. Alys muses, "They probably have a base somewhere in-system."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests