127/1324 Nevermind the End

dragoner

127/1324 Nevermind the End

Post by dragoner » Sun May 20, 2018 12:36 pm

Scott Groves wrote:Zaphod will start astrogating to the place Tig said. Whilst humming disaster area’s quadruple plutonium selling hit “ its only the end of the world again”.
.. and nevermind the end.
Shivva Russ Nicholson.png
Shivva Russ Nicholson.png (422.95 KiB) Viewed 929 times
Bindoner wrote:Luurani heads for a gunnery position. She intends to keep one of the PA barbettes locked on to the hulk, and the other she'll use to track the nearest fighters.
In the face of the oncoming merc shivva, Luurani has that gleam in her eye, time for "negotiating" again, as her fingers expertly dance across the suite for the PA barbette.
hardrocks wrote:With a shrug, Cal heads for sensors.
Cal slides into a acceleration couch and pulls up the sensor suite, he sees the merc Shivva at 30 minutes from contact, the one flight of fighters shadowing the cruiser at medium range, and the other hanging back doing CAP on their carrier, the Iylvir being cagier and hanging back at distant range.

Tig is?

For the NPC's, Gurutz and Yejide manning the side lasers; Randy's in engineering doing the robot.
Scott Groves wrote:(anyone having a go at talking to the Mercs and delaying things with discussion about the Droyne cruiser? Zaphod would but he’s doing math so is busy frowning, muttering and scratching his head. Also looking out the porthole and pointing with his fingers at different constellations muttering various mnemonics).
Soon enough, now, Zaph is done with his calcs, just wait another 25 minutes and that sweet, sweet 100D limit will be reached and the Duneyr is Jump free to Razrina. Or maybe not ...
wbgamer wrote:Ambrose tries to stay out of everyone's way, then finds a place in the crew lounge to settle down for a while and start going through all the data and records that were recovered from the lab ship.
Of course not kicking his feet up and popping the top on a cold one, no. :D

The burning question remains:
Bindoner wrote:Is everyone OK with burning the hulk with the PA weapons before we Jump?
Looks like Zaph is waiting to talk, Ambrose is abstaining, and Tig, Cal?

hardrocks

Re: 127/1324 Nevermind the End

Post by hardrocks » Mon May 21, 2018 6:19 am

"Burn the bitch, she damned near killed me" Cal needs less caff, more sleep.
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Auto Rifle 2, Brawling 1, Comp 1, Electronics 2, Engineer 1, Nav 2, Pilot 1 Shotgun 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Mon May 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Two votes for Hot Death-Ray Action, one "if you want", one "don't care".

Zaph will need to back up a no vote with a pretty good argument to swing it.
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 12,130Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

Scott Groves

Post by Scott Groves » Tue May 22, 2018 10:54 am

I was saying burn it before it was cool you cheeky bastiches!

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Tue May 22, 2018 6:27 pm

Alright, lets do it. Next question: timing.

I'll contact the mercs before we fire, try to sell the idea, but it's probably best not to have to weather too much of their fire if they object strongly.

What's our current range, how many turns to 100D, and what range will she be at then?
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Wed May 23, 2018 12:03 am

Bindoner wrote:What's our current range, how many turns to 100D, and what range will she be at then?
You are at medium range now, jump is 4 turns until divert power, and you will stay at medium range until the 100D limit; using the Range Table on page 146.

Scott Groves

Post by Scott Groves » Wed May 23, 2018 11:16 am

Goody. Things are moving in positive ways. The Universe gives.

Zaph will try to open up a chat with the mercs
“ Hello Bertha, lovely ships you have. I understand you’ve chatted to my good friend Tig? He’s a great pilot, notsomuch the diplomat I’m afraid.... we seem to be caught up in a real tense and escalating situation- which I’m hoping we can defuse? Honestly? We’re not your enemy, you’re not ours.
That Droyne cruiser over there is host to a pretty nasty bioweapon type contagion. It killed them off, damn near killed us off too. Our mission was to investigate it and acquire it. It’s not viable. It’s too dangerous to get out. So, we are going to torch it.
I’d ask you help us do so, or at the least don’t turn this into a conflict.
What do you say?”

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Wed May 23, 2018 2:19 pm

He hears a reply of, "Gazelle, thank you for the warning, however, do not, I repeat DO NOT, open fire, that would be a violation of Wearean Neutrality, and Weare will file a proper protest with the Raider Fleet, your transit and refueling rights could be suspended. We will take proper precautions quarantining and dealing with the wreck."

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Thu May 24, 2018 5:36 am

Keep talking Zaph ( glad you got on comms - Luurani was just about to, and she's no diplomat either ). Luurani suggests over the crew-comm channel: "Declare a Red Zone on the hulk. Tell her that thing is too dangerous to just blow up - the bio-hazard survives exposure to vacuum,and it killed the guys who thought they understood it and had it contained. It really needs to be sterilised with hard radiation, and we need to confirm it is done. Can they do that for us? 'Fleet will be coming to check, and won't want a system full of alien horrors to cleanse."

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Thu May 24, 2018 10:40 am

I need confirmation that Zaph is transmitting that ...

Scott Groves

Post by Scott Groves » Thu May 24, 2018 12:58 pm

“(Sigh) We really really really do recommend it is torched. But I don’t think we should trade punches over that.

At the very least it needs heavy quarantine- but, let’s face it, some people can’t resist breaking quarantines thinking there’s likely a pay off, and that they will be able to handle it.

Our natural cowardice and your arrival is largely what stopped us from pushing our luck too far.

If the cruiser stays intact that bio weapon is going to escape quarantine.

So I appeal to you, is there anyway we can disappear that hulk permanently? Without it becoming a ‘thing’?”