5/3/2211 Galactic South

The D6 Rambler

Re: 5/3/2211 Galactic South

Post by The D6 Rambler » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:44 pm

"Im in favor of the deal, with reservations i can live with. Lets do it..."
9 7 7 7 7 B
Spear-3, Brawling-3, Tactics-1, Mechanical-1, Electronic-1, Air/Raft-1, Rifle-1, SMG-2, Streetwise-1
9 7 7 7 7 B

hardrocks

Post by hardrocks » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:15 pm

Calson leans back in his chair, rubbing his eyes, trying to follow some of the finer points. "Like you said time is a commodity we don't really have and this is the deal on the table. I think we should go for it". With a sad rueful smile and thinking of lost companions. "I'm not sure things could get much worse anyhow"
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Auto Rifle 2, Brawling 1, Comp 1, Electronics 2, Engineer 1, Nav 2, Pilot 1 Shotgun 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:10 pm

"I think that is a majority. Certainly nobody objects. We will take the deal. Next we need the details of this power plant job. Perhaps we will be able to get some equipment for it."

Reopening the channel to Nigel: "I appears my comrades are willing to take the risk of trusting you, so we are in business together. Shall we make the necessary arrangements? Now, this Pryp'yat power plant that seems to be fought over so often. We will need a thorough briefing on this installation and its defenders before we can make our plan. Perhaps we will need some some equipment too."
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 21,180Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:53 am

Bindoner wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:10 pm
Reopening the channel to Nigel: "I appears my comrades are willing to take the risk of trusting you, so we are in business together. Shall we make the necessary arrangements? Now, this Pryp'yat power plant that seems to be fought over so often. We will need a thorough briefing on this installation and its defenders before we can make our plan. Perhaps we will need some some equipment too."
"Certainly, I will make arrangements for your security and transfer of the material, then you can make arrangements for repairs there at the station, and I will approve a line of credit for them, as well as your payment."

Zhenya can call up the database information on Pryp'yat:
dragoner wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:07 pm

RDV colony. Pop 100 million. Lowland area is primarily swampland, planet drying, once larger oceans shrinking. Tether at Kolya, central highlands most densely populated. Basin originally vacation area with warm temps and nice beaches. Farming and mining primary exports: Agriculture (boutique), Ores, Crystals, Compounds. Trade Code: Poor.

Principle Highland (approx 60mil.) settlement area temps at 20C to 30C, the Basin (approx 20mil.) 30-40C.

Pryp'yat 40212km across, Kolya to Maly 10,682 km.

Red Zone due to guerilla war, centered on Basin; started around four years ago, originally supported by the Celestial Imperium, now supported by the NVE. Guerillas largely armed with TL 7 weapons, with higher tech salted among the various cells. Soldiers that have served in the government army against the guerillas wear a basin pearl earring in their right ear.
Nigel will send over a couple other pictures:

"You will have some down time between getting your ship repaired, maybe this is good time to spend relaxing in Maly, there you can gather more information. I have a repossessed a ship's boat recently which is good transport for the job, you can have it. Yerkes Creek Fusion Power Plant has estimated 6-10 security, armed with sub-machine guns or assault rifles and wearing cloth, most likely a machine gun also; and three technicians, all lead by a Dr James Petronski, who is assumed to be an Imperial double agent. I will let you look over those maps, and answer any more questions you have tomorrow, after I have received the metal."

In time, two garishly painted multi-hued Gazelles arrive, plus an old ship's boat, four guards take up station on the dock by where the 'Star is docked, and the transfer can be done by the cargo bay, where when finished, the lead of the Gazelle crew that takes the metal, and proffers a receipt for the "cargo". One Gazelle will stay to help Guard the 'Star with the guards on the dock, the Ship's Boat, not the exact kind that the 'Star once had, will fit nice and snug in the bay on the 'Star. It appears worn, 27 years old, it's mechanicals are in good shape, having had an engine replacement, and the flight controls overhauled.

hardrocks

Post by hardrocks » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:12 am

Calson will call on Leon and Elton. "Shall we go check out the new ride" Want to make sure we're familiar with it and see if the locker needs stocking up ect.
Calson: 78A996
Skills: Auto Rifle 2, Brawling 1, Comp 1, Electronics 2, Engineer 1, Nav 2, Pilot 1 Shotgun 1, Vacc suit 1, Zero G 1.

Legion

Post by Legion » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:06 pm

After changing out of his smarts, a shower and a quick power nap Leon answers Calson's call to check out the new ride. Putting on some clothes that he doesn't mind getting blood on.

"Sure Calson" he says "lets check out the boat" He is still carrying the borrowed snub pistol from the ships stores.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:56 pm

"Measure the hold, find out if our Jeep will fit. It would be useful to have it with us."
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:36 pm

Bindoner wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:56 pm
"Measure the hold, find out if our Jeep will fit. It would be useful to have it with us."
When they measure it, they find the jeep will fit.

OoC: The deck plan in the Panther thread is similar enough that it can be used, however, the Cheyenne Dropship from Aliens would almost work too.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:11 pm

"Ach, a 'Holiday in the Red Zone'. That seems appropriate. I will at least find us a nice place to stay. With plenty of excursions, eh?"

"Calson, you are our Scout, would you take charge of our recon for this job? We need to know the surrounding terrain, perhaps there is high ground nearby. Are there any other hostile forces that might support the installation? News reports might help with that."

Zhenya asks Czernobog to bring up details of the resorts at Maly. Relaxing by the beach does sound nice...

vonPilsner

Post by vonPilsner » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:30 pm

Elton joins Calson and Leon to check out the vehicle.
Elton Bishop
Human Male, Age 30 UPP: 9C9766
Scout 2 terms, Rogue 1 term
Pilot-1, JoT-1, Air/Raft-1, Gun Cbt (Carbine)-1, Gunnery-2, Streetwise-1, Gambling-1, Brawling-1, Computer-1, Navigation-1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:09 am

Calson, Leon, and Elton checking out the new (to them) Ship's Boat; it seems up to spec, but the ship's locker is pretty spare, only some emergency equipment, like an inflatable rescue bubble.