5/7/2211 Maly Vacay

Rojo Ortega

Re: 5/7/2211 Maly Vacay

Post by Rojo Ortega » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:44 pm

Legion wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:27 am
[Leon]He looks the newcomer over " Who is this, an old friend of yours?" Leon sips at his rum and is enjoying the cigar.
And then there were five...
Rojo extends a hand.

"Name's Ortega, but mostly go by—"
Rojo's attention abruptly turns, with everyone else's, to the screen behind the bar. The news of another liner attack teases the bar's attention for a quiet second. But the hook is set with the implication of the threat towards Delta Tri.
"—Rojo."
Calson remarks of the news feed "Sounds fairly piratey to me"
Rojo nods his head in agreement with Caslon.
Piratey indeed!
"Where's me eye-patch?" Rojo half-jokes to no one in particular.
Martian Scout: Taki Aka Ortega ("Rojo") Age: 38
UPP: 76AA67
Skills: Admin-2, Air/Raft-1, Gunnery-1, Electronics-2, Jack-of-Trades-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-1, Pilot-1

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Zhenya seems only mildly interested in the ad, mainly as a distraction.

"Pirates and emperors, this is an old story, yes?" * Zhenya quotes a favourite passage * "When Great Alexander asked the captive pirate what he meant by keeping hostile possession of the sea, he answered "What do you mean by seizing the whole earth? Because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, while you who does it with a great fleet are styled emperor". I will not rush to label anyone pirate, plenty of good people bore that name merely for wearing the wrong uniform a couple of years ago."

"A lot of odd things seem to have happened in Mu Cass recently." * perhaps it's the accent, but it seems Zhenya pronounces the system name as mucus * "Ach, a world of koshmarnyye pauki and Imp intrigue, who can know what really happened there? I doubt whatever it was is a threat to Delta Tri though. Too well defended for pirates, too few Imps for freedom fighters."
by hardrocks » 27 Nov 2019, 20:01

His attention piqued, Calson remarks of the news feed "Sounds fairly piratey to me" Turning to Zhenya with a smile, "maybe some food before we hit the tables"?
"Sound advice, XO, a meal is a good idea."

Addressing Rojo:

"Would you care to join us? You can update survey data , or whatever it is you Scouts call gossip, with Calson and Strelok while we eat."

(Thinking: And I can work out what you are while you do so....)
Terran 2nd Secretary, CA Junior Minister, Pirate Corporal 688BBB Age 34
Cash: 21,180Cr
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

vonPilsner

Post by vonPilsner » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:05 pm

Legion wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:27 am
"Thanks Elton" Leon replies to the offer of a drink " I will have a rum" He looks the newcomer over " Who is this, an old friend of yours?" Leon sips at his rum and is enjoying the cigar.
"Leon this is..."
"We crossed paths about 8 or 9 years ago... Umm... Ortega! Yeah Ortega, it's been a long time!"
Big Grin.
"Scout base at Mu Cassiopeiae a long, long time ago, I was back from my first long-term exploratory mission, getting ready for my next." Absentmindedly touches one of the insignia on his jacket (Scouts and Spacers recognize it as the symbol of the Exploratory branch of the Scout Service.)
"It's me Elton, Elton Bishop; damn I was just a kid back then. You look about the same, just a little older. How's the void been treating you?"
Bindoner wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:37 pm
"Would you care to join us?"
"Yeah, join us buddy. Food, drink, and friends." :D
Elton Bishop
Human Male, Age 30 UPP: 9C9766
Scout 2 terms, Rogue 1 term
Pilot-1, JoT-1, Air/Raft-1, Gun Cbt (Carbine)-1, Gunnery-2, Streetwise-1, Gambling-2, Brawling-1, Computer-1

Rojo Ortega

Post by Rojo Ortega » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:04 pm

Ahh.. Bishop. That's his name.
Elton Bishop. The starry-eyed kid who was always ready to turn the next corner.
We were all like that... once.
"Bishop. Of course. (Mockingly) You've grown!"

Rojo smiles and slaps Elton on the shoulder—
"These guys taking good care of you?"
—registering a look with Caslon, like two older brothers confirming the shared responsibility of a younger brother, striking a fraternal chord.
"Glad you made it through!"

Rojo turns back to the screens.
"I worked out of Mu Cass for years... times have sure changed."

Then, turning to Zhenya,
"I wonder what St. Augustine would have to say about the City of God now..."
Skills: Admin-2, Air/Raft-1, Gunnery-1, Electronics-2, Jack-of-Trades-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-1, Pilot-1

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:52 am

"I trust Augustine dwells contentedly in his City of God and hope he never contemplates the state of the Earthly City. I doubt he would approve."
Brawling 1, Bribery 1, Carousing 1, Comms 1, Dagger 1, Forgery 1, Gambling 1, Laser Carbine 1, Liaison 2, Streetwise 2, Vacc Suit 1, Zero-G 1

Legion

Post by Legion » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:50 am

After saying a hello to Rojo and watching the so called pirate attack on the screen Leon asks a passing waitress if she can sort a table out for the group, he asks her to put a few bottles of good wine out in readiness "don't care what, just make it's a good vintage".
Skills: Computer 1, Electronics 1, Laser Carbine 2, Navigation 1, Pilot 3, Ships Boat 1, Vacc Suit 1 Streetwise 1

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:11 pm

Legion wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:50 am
After saying a hello to Rojo and watching the so called pirate attack on the screen Leon asks a passing waitress if she can sort a table out for the group, he asks her to put a few bottles of good wine out in readiness "don't care what, just make it's a good vintage".
She takes them to a table on an outside covered patio, as the party does not appear dressed for formal dining. There is a gentle cool breeze from the inside of the building, despite it's classic looks it is a smart design that cycles warm air in through the basement levels, pushing cool air up and out through the upper levels. Waiters set the table with dishes of sweet black grapes, and baskets of bread, with plates of warm green olive oil and balsamic vinegar poured in delightful patterns. Wine and water is brought in separate carafes, individual bottles as well. The kitchen has a wide generalized menu, however specialty dishes of Brazilian or Thai origin exist, "natural" meats available on request, something odd in that perfect vat or printed meats are the norm. The table is set with a white table cloth and a floral arrangement, gauze or translucent screens can be swept around the table, leaving only a view of the playa to the open ocean.

Bindoner

Post by Bindoner » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:39 pm

Casual is appropriate at the moment.

Perusing the menu Zhenya perks up at the sight of natural meat. There is something in the very imperfection of it, the individuality of creature and cut, that makes it so special. This will be a treat. Something simple, no strong spices, seared and served rare, with a salad...

"I prefer something that has lived a life, that has some character, rather than the bland perfection our glorious Empire favours. How about you Rojo? I imagine you Scouts are more likely to prize the qualities of the individual over the safe conformity of a sterile mass of flesh?"

“Of course, hunting was part of my upbringing, and I grew up in a panet with Vargr. My tastes are perhaps not those of the typical poddannyy.”

Rojo Ortega

Post by Rojo Ortega » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:59 am

Bindoner wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:39 pm
"I prefer something that has lived a life, that has some character, rather than the bland perfection our glorious Empire favours. How about you Rojo? I imagine you Scouts are more likely to prize the qualities of the individual over the safe conformity of a sterile mass of flesh?"

“Of course, hunting was part of my upbringing, and I grew up in a panet with Vargr. My tastes are perhaps not those of the typical poddannyy.”
So... the not-so-subtle test, continues.
Rojo smiles in agreement with Zhenya.

"Indeed, I have had my fill of precision proteins...
Let it bleed, says I."

Smiling still, Rojo tries to catch the eye of Caslon or Elton.
They know what I'm talking about.

Then, to the table in general, an afterthought.
"Although... I do like my salt and pepper."

vonPilsner

Post by vonPilsner » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:46 pm

Bindoner wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:39 pm
"I imagine you Scouts are more likely to prize the qualities of the individual over the safe conformity of a sterile mass of flesh?"
"Well said. I've always found the authority that comes with too much civilization to be a bit, opressive..."
Elton Bishop
Human Male, Age 30 UPP: 9C9766
Scout 2 terms, Rogue 1 term
Pilot-1, JoT-1, Air/Raft-1, Gun Cbt (Carbine)-1, Gunnery-2, Streetwise-1, Gambling-2, Brawling-1, Computer-1

The D6 Rambler

Post by The D6 Rambler » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:51 am

"At last! Some real food, instead of reconstituted crap!" Theta said with beaming eyes..
9 7 7 7 7 B
Spear-3, Brawling-3, Tactics-1, Mechanical-1, Electronic-1, Air/Raft-1, Rifle-1, SMG-2, Streetwise-1
9 7 7 7 7 B