Player Invitation?

forbin

Player Invitation?

Post by forbin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:16 pm

I just realized something...

What got me started back into Traveller in the first place was a discussion with an old "work friend" of mine from the 1990's who also played Traveller. (We were both wanting to play, and commiserating over having always been roped into being the GM!)

Is it too late to invite him to join us in this campaign? I'll bet he would really appreciate it! I would also bet that he'd be willing to run a character created by the GM if you feel the chargen process would take too long.

On a related topic, Fusil and I were discussing on Facebook how nice it is to be a player for a change. Are all of us in the same boat? GM's who hardly ever get to be a player character?

Regardless of the answer to that, I'd like to publicly thank Rob for being willing to GM us in this campaign! It's obvious we have a crop of players who have a deep knowledge of Traveller, which offers different possibilities and difficulties than when playing with most players. GM-ing such a group should qualify him for a combat campaign ribbon! :-)
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B

dragoner

Re: Player Invitation?

Post by dragoner » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Yes, invite away, another is fine, at least I think so, what does everyone else think? Chargen should be fine, have him email me at king13cuda@yahoo.com.

Thanks and you are welcome, I enjoy being a player as well as being GM. 8-)

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:19 pm

Yesyesyes.

AND thanks!!!
Keven - Wyott Khade 876CB6 - "He did WHAT with a stick of butter?????"

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:13 am

You are welcome everyone, thanks for the praise, everybody is doing a great job as pc's as well, thanks! :)

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:03 pm

Welcome our newest member, ducky/Alan. :geek:

forbin

Post by forbin » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Commander Truestar wrote:pssst, tell him we need engineers!
I did indeed, already. Another engineer is top priority, IMHO, although if the dice rolls fall differently, it wouldn't be too bad to have a Marine or some other kind of muscle indubitably "on our side" as a player character. Especially someone with really good gunner and small arms skills. We could also use some clearly nefarious additional skills that we lack, such as lockpicking. Never know when those might come in handy -- and they involve things we'd rather not hire out because of the opportunity for double-cross.
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B

ducky

Post by ducky » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:46 pm

dragoner wrote:Welcome our newest member, ducky/Alan. :geek:
Thank you. 'Ducky' comes from a character nickname - an engineer who found that duct tape still had uses in the future. I'm re-acquainting myself with character creation given that it's been a while (as in 30 years).

I don't mind being an engineer, but we'll see what the dice have to say about that.
Alan | Greg Pike, gunner | 6 9 6 7 9 8

forbin

Post by forbin » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Commander Truestar wrote:A stewed doctor????
I'd guess most space doctors are!

Notice that Dr. "Bones" McCoy always had a stash of libations "for medicinal purposes" aboard the Enterprise... and gave his friend Kirk a bottle of illegal Romulan ale for his birthday in one of the movies.

[BTW, we made it back in one piece, in much better time than I'd expected. But then I was drawn into the "family vortex" of stuff-to-do-upon-return. I'll catch up later tonight!]

Stormchsr

Post by Stormchsr » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Yes, Rob is a great GM! I was lucky enough to have been in one of his campaigns!
Just wanted to say hello to everyone! Rob, I see you've got a great group of players, and the campaign looks great!

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi Marc, how are you doing?

Stormchsr

Post by Stormchsr » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:55 pm

Things are better, thanks!
A lot happened at the end/beginning of the year, my mother passed away, I got laid off, I lost all my info on your website, and general mayhem!

Since then, things are stable, although we are moving at the end of the month, so it's going to be busy, and I staill haven't found work yet, but that will change!

I'm reading the IC posts..great storyline you have for the chars so far!