Hi, Questions I'm still curious about?

dragoner

Re: Hi, Questions I'm still curious about?

Post by dragoner » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:10 pm

That map was a test to see how the forum software handled it, but yes, I do have about six sectors made; but it is a living universe so details are subject to change, esp as characters can influence the future.

My Beyond the Frontier milieu is a continuation of the 1248 series, 75 years later; and is based upon the idea that colonists from the collapsing Imperium from 1120's onward, were given license by he Zhodani to settle the empty are Rimward of their Consulate.

Aslan are about, esp on Aslan controlled worlds Rimward. Baccarin is a shard of he old Imperium, literally in that the colonists have set up an Imperium in miniature type government, ruled by a Duke. The Central Alliance, noting that some worlds are TL16, is governed by the ruling "minds" or TL16 AI, though often, outwardly other polities call the CA a junta after he fact of the CA's council, is of picked individuals representing various strata of their society.

Virus swept through at one point, but not with the effects as dire as what hit the shattered states of the old Imperium. It can still exist, but much of the current tech is based off of the Cymbeline Entities own physical architecture or "CEDE" (Cymbeline Entity Developmental Electronics) pronounced 'seed'. Virus is officially called a Metastasizing Cymbeline Entity or Meta-Cym for short. Virus is sometimes used for any AI system in a derogatory manner.

There are Solomani around from the Regency of Muirimi - http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Regency_of_Muirimi

Also various other groups, such as a wave of Zhodani from the Consulate's collapse, original settlers in the body of the Vlazhdumecta - http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Vlazhdumecta and a sort of corsair-ish people called the "Space Pilgrims" or just Linkhorns (meta- somewhat culturally similar to bikers).

There is also a nemesis in and a war with a people called the Guild Droyne or often enough "The Black Ships"; higher tech descendants of the Ancients, who feel the encroachment of people from charted space are doing Yaskodray's purpose and who they hate with a fanatical conviction.

Some Vargr as well have made it through, again allowed by the Zho's and maybe planted there to help them police the Imperials, but that all fell apart with the collapse of the Consulate.

The 4th Imperium is around in a Byzantine, power projection capacity, it is in many ways a hollow-man of the golden age early 1100's Imperium.

Maps of the area:

1323 sectors

Charted Space, Guild Worlds, Exodus Zone

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Depends on what exactly you want to do, the blurb for the BPN is true, in that they have fought the Central Alliance, but Characters can be from the CA, Baccarin, or somewhere else entirely. They can be from the old Imperium as a corpsicle or recent emigrant.

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:37 am

Adding to this as simple tagline: It is frontier-ish, everything canon still holds, and the future is unwritten.

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:19 am

This is where we'll be rather than the post-FFW?
Keven - Wyott Khade 876CB6 - "He did WHAT with a stick of butter?????"

dragoner

Post by dragoner » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:33 am

No, we are on Raweh, Five Sisters, post FFW; this was just an alternate that wasn't chosen.