1110/135 Doctor Who?

dragoner

1110/135 Doctor Who?

Post by dragoner » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:20 pm

After the standoff at the downport dive, the rest of the gang drop off Avi and Sen, and then get dropped off by Greg. Geris, before he turns in, looks to see if he can find a case of the single malt, which he can, but at about a 1000Cr. Greg, back at his place, tells his roommate about meeting his friends and their interest in the ATV, to which his roommate replies that he will trade Greg's high passage ticket for the ATV.

At 1000 the next morning, Greg, Avi and Sen all arrive, Sen and Avi to move in, Greg for the meeting. At 1200, the Doctor is supposed to appear, but first a meeting amongst crew called by Fusil.

Flonker

Re: 1110/135 Doctor Who?

Post by Flonker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Fusil wakes up at 'Oh-Dark-Thirty' not too awfully hung over. 'Must be getting used to this', he thought as he showered and changed into a clean coverall and packed his gear up. He dragged his duffel and the trophy shotgun into the Captain's cabin and tossed them on the rack to deal with later, and headed for the wardroom to print up firstmeal.
Keven - Wyott Khade 876CB6 - "He did WHAT with a stick of butter?????"

forbin

Post by forbin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:41 pm

At oh-dark-thirty-five, Elliott's clock alarm goes off. "Mrrph!" he replies, hitting the snooze. It waited an indecent interval and started sounding again. "Mrrhumph...grr!" went Elliott, hitting the snooze again. After the required period, the alarm starts sounding yet again. Less than 10 seconds later, the independent timer on his prosthetic goes off, in "gently nudge awake" mode. He slowly returns to the here-and-now and begins fumbling for the combo entry on his suit that will prove he's conscious. Not entering it properly in time, it switches to "jostle awake mode." This makes it really difficult for him to enter the combo. After a couple of pathetic tries, Elliott decides to just lay there and get a little less gently tossed about, knowing it won't keep up for very long. It subsides and he quickly enters the combo.

During all this, the clock has been ramping up its volume and is by now blaring insistently. He enters the combo there, too.

"Why did I choose to sleep in the prosthetic tonight?" he thinks. "I hate... what day is it, anyway? Hrmph. I hate mornings." He then remembers the answer to his first question. Oh yeah, got to wake up.

He grabs his fresher kit and darts into the upper deck's fresher. Completing all that and slipping into ship's working uniform, he heads over to the wardroom. Giving a nod to Fusil, he touches the studs causing the small semiauto kitchen to reveal itself. "That protein-printed stuff'll kill you eventually. My cooking's just this side of lethal, but do you want some?"
Last edited by forbin on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:45 pm

Fusil says, "I'm good. Bout the only thing I can cook is instaheats."

forbin

Post by forbin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:55 pm

"I'm only marginally more of a cook than that. Oh well, more for me." Elliott makes the third imperium's equivalent of scrambled eggs, bacon, corned beef hash, and 'coffee'. Big breakfast for probably a long day. Noticing he's got a lot of protein there, he tells the system to add some indetectable fiber solution to the 'coffee'. Because, you know.

He drops his plate of food on the wardroom table, grabs his coffee, and joins Fusil. "Cheers," he says, lifting the coffee cup. "This doctor we're interviewing today supposedly also has some steward skills. Geez, I hope he can cook."
John B. | Elliott von Rossveldt, ship's CCS officer. | 2 5 9 B F B | 8 7 9 B F B

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Fusil nods at Lit. "Morning, Lit. Looks like you have your plate full today. In more ways than one." He grins for a second, then continues. "See if you and Senoj can test the thrusters and power plant without us having to take off, and if you get a chance, have Avi go over the computer. El, I'd love the Nav and Jump programs reloaded from backups when Avi and Lit are done with the computer. That program should not have let me lock in a 4 parsec jump like that. I don't mind facing down a gun, but I damn sure don't want a misjump sometime into empty space."

forbin

Post by forbin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:37 pm

Commander Truestar wrote:Litnam asked about this guy Greg, as he'd barely met the man in passing during the evenings "entertainment"
Elliott gives Litnam a brief rundown on his history with Greg, how they re-met, and how he's gotten hooked up with the crew of the Raven's Coin. "Sorry that I got so involved with the events at hand that I didn't comm you! I really meant to do that."

Turning to Fusil, between chomps of food he asks, "Do the reload after they're done? Why not before?"
Last edited by forbin on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:42 pm

"Because I don't want them corrupted again if there's a physical problem with the computer."

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:08 pm

Commander Truestar wrote:
Flonker wrote:"Because I don't want them corrupted again if there's a physical problem with the computer."
Litnam says, "A straight CRC test should tell us if there's a physical issue. But I'd expect other seek and execute issues if that were the case. But that's an opinion and not test results."
Fusil shrugs. "I didn't think they were, Lit. I just know that the computer let me lock onto a star 4 parsecs out when it knows we can only jump 3. Something is wrong, I'm assuming it's bit-rot in the software, but I don't want to take the chance on a hardware problem as well, which is why I want it checked, please."

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Fusil glances over as Geris comes in. "Morning, X. Hey, while I have you all here, I'd like to bring this up, away from the rest of the effengees. I'm thinking, add Pike to the Command Team. He's buying in pretty heavily, and it'll help keep him around. Lit, you haven't seen his brag sheet but Geris has. El served with him with Tukera, and highly recommends him." Fusil pulls up Pike's brag sheet onto his hand comp and slides it over to Lit. "All else fails, he can help put this bucket back together when the Bad Guys shoot us up again."

Flonker

Post by Flonker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:57 pm

Fusil nods. "Okay, we offer Mr Pike a slot on the team. Let's close it off after him, though. Too many chiefs will make it too unwieldy. Heysayi will be coming onboard Friday; we can pick up his cargo and ours at the mine in the afternoon. Quick suborbital flight, then out to the black. I'm thinking Wednesday or Thursday for the test flight. Lit, let me know our status on the drives tonight and an estimated finish time with your effengees, we'll want to file a flight plan so we don't run over somebody."